What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Updated roster

Darby looks to be a mauler. Also seems pretty good when pulling and looks decent in getting to the second level. Prolly best suited at OG. jmho

WTF happens at the training table? Does Solis and Topu steal our DBs lunches? Do we only serve our CBs healthy 1800 calorie portions consisting of tofu, grass fed organic chicken, and veggies?

There's no reason why a guy on the team can't put on weight under a good weight training regime. It obviously takes time, but these guys aren't eating enough (and some too much). They should have been eating, at least, 500 calories a day more than they are now starting the Sunday after the Utah game.

Our strength training program is always crappy. Either that or the guys don't follow what they should be doing by going to bed early and not drinking, etc....

WTF happens at the training table? Does Solis and Topu steal our DBs lunches? Do we only serve our CBs healthy 1800 calorie portions consisting of tofu, grass fed organic chicken, and veggies?

There's no reason why a guy on the team can't put on weight under a good weight training regime. It obviously takes time, but these guys aren't eating enough (and some too much). They should have been eating, at least, 500 calories a day more than they are now starting the Sunday after the Utah game.

Our strength training program is always crappy. Either that or the guys don't follow what they should be doing by going to bed early and not drinking, etc....

Well working out/practicing 7 days a week=losing weight. Crawley is big enough to be a Pac-12 corner and PRich is just fine

No. That's not how it works. Calories In - Calories out < 0 to lose, > 0 to gain.

They need to eat more. If they ate more they wouldn't' lose weight. You eat enough and you'll gain enough weight, but it doesn't "have" to be muscle.

It's not that simple. Also, plenty of guys made positive gains weight wise (see Markeis Reed).

Wright/Crawley are probably 19 y.o. so I'm not worried

Oh and I don't want our DBs to be "Pac12" DBs. I want them to look like the guys at LSU. Those guys are freaks and weigh at least 15 pounds more. With our DBs being highly rated players you would think they would have the build to somewhat mimic those guys.

Oh and I don't want our DBs to be "Pac12" DBs. I want them to look like the guys at LSU. Those guys are freaks and weigh at least 15 pounds more. With our DBs being highly rated players you would think they would have the build to somewhat mimic those guys.

Those "guys at LSU" more than likely wouldn't pass their 1st HGH test, if the NCAA had one! You're right they're "freaks", but for a bad reason.

Calories in /Calories out is BS for anyone, let alone high performance athletes. Its all about the carbs and insulin (Go read Taubes)! Unless you believe an OL or DL should lose his aquaintence with his beltbuckle and the tops of his shoes, let the SP staff do their job, it will take time to re-confgure this team's bodies.

I want 'em like Stanford's, large, fast, muscled and aggressive, not fat and slow like WB&CO had 'em.

You are also missing that we were wildly out of shape coming in and that the focus for this off-season was to get guys into game shape, work on flexibility, strength, and injury mitigation - Since we have about zero depth, or do you not recall how gassed we were all the time last year?

Each coach has their own philosophy and having had the chance to speak to Foreman myself on a couple of occasions i get where he is coming from, his arguments about building a based of fitness and strength and focusing on not losing guys to injury. He wants to lay that first and it makes sense, there have been a number of reports on this and he has some what of a track-record on the injury front from SJSU, the same philosophy also seems to work for Furd. Will it work here? who knows but we'll find out real quick when the season starts.

Each coach has thier own philosophy and having had the chance to speak to Froeman my self on a couple of occasions...
abe-froman-ferris-bueller-bueller-s-day-off-fry-cameron-matt-demotivational-poster-1249637045.jpg

You are also missing that we were wildly out of shape coming in and that the focus for this off-season was to get guys into game shape, work on flexibility, strength, and injury mitigation - Since we have about zero depth, or do you not recall how gassed we were all the time last year?

Each coach has their own philosophy and having had the chance to speak to Foreman myself on a couple of occasions i get where he is coming from, his arguments about building a based of fitness and strength and focusing on not losing guys to injury. He wants to lay that first and it makes sense, there have been a number of reports on this and he has some what of a track-record on the injury front from SJSU, the same philosophy also seems to work for Furd. Will it work here? who knows but we'll find out real quick when the season starts.

"Some what"...? You either have a track record or you don't! Foreman does from SJSU and Furd does: they reduced the overall number of player/games lost to injury significantly (50%+) and returned the injured to full strength sooner. Like what HCMM does, the SP people use a plan and the input from docs, trainers and physical therapists working as a team, to diagnose injuries, set treament with a schedule and get a player back as soon as he reachs his recovery goals. No more pushing wheelbarrows full of sand as therapy (DH) or pulling everybody injured off the field as a precautionary measure, only to send them back too soon (WB).

Back