What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC at Hawaii official game thread

Hawaii going to pick us apart like Missouri does or is USC defense really this bad?

How much did they lose on D? With Monte at the helm I doubt it's their playcalling...........

The USC defense only returned 5 starters but they still have plenty of talent, so like Jimmy said they'll probably pick us apart. Kiffin wasn't too happy in his post-game comments.

They did just say Hawaii is spending the week before the CU game in Las Vegas. Suddenly I feel better about our chances.... :lol:

I don't. They get a week in a drier climate and at a higher elevation that the isles. Less of an advantage for CU.

The QB (if he plays), RB, and slot receiver all have some serious quicks. Our D had better be ready. Ya listening, Mr Collins? Oh, and make sure the DB's are well schooled on that funky hook pattern HI runs -- the one where the wr runs almost full speed back towards the LOS, catches the pass, makes a quick fake, then turns up field. u$c db's kept running right past the wr on the fake (lmao).

Despite sanctions, ESPN's lovefest for USC continues. Can you call a win "prolific" when you give up 36 to a WAC team?

Despite sanctions, ESPN's lovefest for USC continues. Can you call a win "prolific" when you give up 36 to a WAC team?

I'll start hating that again after we get our new media contract. For now they can pub the hell out of them.

I don't. They get a week in a drier climate and at a higher elevation that the isles. Less of an advantage for CU.

Plus the week before they have a game at Army, so they probably just don't want to make the full trip back to Hawaii and then turn around a few days later and fly back to the mainland. And maybe UNLV is giving them access to their practice facilities or something.

Hawaii beat USC in almost every statistical category but the final score. We need to bring our A game every single week this year....

I'm sure Hawaii was pumped for this game. Conversely, I'm sure USC looked at like it was a scrimmage. I wouldn't read too much into a game one performance from either team.

Hawaii's going to ****ing smoke us. We all known Collins is a master at gameplanning a defense against a team that throws it around a lot.

I'm sure Hawaii was pumped for this game. Conversely, I'm sure USC looked at like it was a scrimmage. I wouldn't read too much into a game one performance from either team.

Almost 600 yards of total offense
Almost 500 yards passing offense

I realize it was a scrimmage to USC and all -- but USC's defense (and talent on defense) is significantly higher than CU's -- and Hawaii made quite a bit of hay.

Personally, I do not believe CU's offense can score as well as they need to. CU will need to be well prepared for Hawaii.

I'm not going to completely discount what Hawaii did, but I'm certain USC had a very vanilla defensive gameplan. Let's see how UH does once teams have some film to study.

Plus, keep in mind who's running the show at USC. I'm not convinced Kiffen has the first idea of what he's doing. Add to that the whole coaching change, loss of players, etc. and the fact that USC wasn't even all that great last year, and is this really that hard to believe?

I dunno, Hawaii looked pretty good. Given they were at home, but I'm not sure you limit those guys to 20 points very easily.

I dunno, Hawaii looked pretty good. Given they were at home, but I'm not sure you limit those guys to 20 points very easily.

Either they've improved a lot from last year, or U$C had a VERY bad night defensively. Hawaii scored 39 or more points exactly once last year (49 @ home against Utah State...). They only got over 30 two other times (38@ Washington State and 33 @ UNLV). Wisconsin, Boise and LA Tech all held them to 10 or less. That said, that starting QB looked scary good until he got his head scrambled. :scared2:

As for the Vegas thing, I was kind of joking. Anybody who has spent a few days in Vegas knows how good you generally feel by the time you leave..... :lol:

Either they've improved a lot from last year, or U$C had a VERY bad night defensively. Hawaii scored 39 or more points exactly once last year (49 @ home against Utah State...). They only got over 30 two other times (38@ Washington State and 33 @ UNLV). Wisconsin, Boise and LA Tech all held them to 10 or less. That said, that starting QB looked scary good until he got his head scrambled. :scared2:

As for the Vegas thing, I was kind of joking. Anybody who has spent a few days in Vegas knows how good you generally feel by the time you leave..... :lol:

I liked the way the UH QB played last night, IMO he's pretty good. UH scores 20 in Boulder and it willbe a game if the O plays like it did last year. I'm not all that sure CU wins many shootouts. Hopefully with TH and Clemons and Patterson, things get a little groovier (ugh, is DH rubbing off on me?), but last time we pinned our hopes on an incoming WR we were disappointed.

Back