What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC Forum

Biggest mismatch on the field. We match up reasonably well elsewhere, especially in the trenches.
KO coverage has been solid, but Punt coverage is obviously the issue. Hopefully the offense moves the ball well enough to not have to punt, or at least be able to play field position and punt from mid field. We can't afford to have stalled drives from our own 5 or 10 yard line.

Can the finesse and teamwork of CU overcome the natural athletic talent that is assembled at USC?

Can MacIntyre's X's and O's overcome USC's Jimmy's and Joe's?

I am hoping that CU can come out quick in the 1st Qtr and put up a lot of points. A fast scoring uptempo offense in the opening half is CU's identity.

The end of the 2nd and through the 3rd Quarter is where CU broke down against Michigan and Oregon.

CU's turnovers against teams with elite athletes result in swings of momentum. In the second half, the depth of the bench at Michigan was apparent. The edge speed of Oregon's playmakers became a factor.

CU's defense is less able to shed blocks. Opposing RBs start running through CU arm tackles.

For CU to win at USC, the Buffs offense has to move the ball, must protect the ball, and must be able to find mismatches and blown coverages where Fields, Bobo, Ross, and any other targets are able to chew up the field and put CU in scoring position.

The trenches matter in every quarter, and will be put to the test in the second half. Pass protection by CU's OL along with blocking that opens up a balanced running attack against USC's big and athletic DLine and backers is key.

It will help if USC shows a lack of team focus that manifests through penalties PI or unsportsmanlike conduct, turnovers and being caught out of position.

CU can win this with a narrow margin of error. But if key linemen go down, if the offense stalls, and points are given up on special teams and turnovers, this game could get away from the Buffs.

I'm hoping this is MacIntyre's best win yet, eclipsing the Oregon victory.

Biggest mismatch on the field. We match up reasonably well elsewhere, especially in the trenches.
100% agree. Adoree Jackson is no joke. He leads the country in punt return yards per return (23.6 yard average) and is in the top 15 in kickoff return yards per return (31.1 yard average). The Buffs need to figure out a way to take his return game out of the contest.

Also, it's a huge mismatch even with our punt returns not being the black hole they have been- JMac is averaging 10.2 yards per return (which is good for 5th in the Pac12). CU has not had someone average more than Nelson Spruces 7.2 yards per return in Pac12 play.

100% agree. Adoree Jackson is no joke. He leads the country in punt return yards per return (23.6 yard average) and is in the top 15 in kickoff return yards per return (31.1 yard average). The Buffs need to figure out a way to take his return game out of the contest.

Also, it's a huge mismatch even with our punt returns not being the black hole they have been- JMac is averaging 10.2 yards per return (which is good for 5th in the Pac12). CU has not had someone average more than Nelson Spruces 7.2 yards per return in Pac12 play.
I'd settle for scoring on every possession and then kicking the ball out of the endzone

Other than Zach Banner. That dude is a freak at OT for them. Can't believe he came back for his senior year.

would love to see thsi on saturday:

will-ferrell-usc-trojans-590x379.png

KO coverage has been solid, but Punt coverage is obviously the issue. Hopefully the offense moves the ball well enough to not have to punt, or at least be able to play field position and punt from mid field. We can't afford to have stalled drives from our own 5 or 10 yard line.
When CU is forced to punt, two things have to happen. One, kick with maximum hang time to force fair catches or two, kick the ball out of bounds. Adoree Jackson cannot be allowed to beat you by returning punts.

When CU is forced to punt, two things have to happen. One, kick with maximum hang time to force fair catches or two, kick the ball out of bounds. Adoree Jackson cannot be allowed to beat you by returning punts.
You know it, I know it, we will see if the coaches know it. I'll take five or ten less yards per punt by kicking it out of bounds over those line drives to the PR with no Buffs within 15 yards of him. That killed us at Michigan. The special teams killed us. We will that game with good solid ST play.

I am surrounded by SC people now that I live in LA. They have a special brand of haughtiness, arrogance...just can't put my finger on it...it is its own special vintage of douchiness. Lots of UCLA folks too, but they don't stand out 'cause they aren't nearly as douchy.

Many of my friends are SC fans. They dress their kids in SC clothes and generally prepare them for a life of douchiness as they save up the cost of a $500,000 2030 tuition for each of them. Even some of my Colorado High School buddies went to SC and they quickly learned the same douchiness. There families didn't want them back in Colorado.

No matter what I will go to the game this weekend but I will invariably meet douches. I will get invited to douche tailgates. I am sure that, in my CU gear, I will be kind of like the court fool...good for a dismissive laugh. I will go home and take a shower, but the douche won't come off...at least not fully

I take my son to all the CU vs. UCLA events and that is cool. My delimma is this: Can I take my son to a CU/SC given that he will be surrounded by douches? Is that **** contagious?

Other than Zach Banner. That dude is a freak at OT for them. Can't believe he came back for his senior year.

He didn't play last week against ASU because of an ankle injury. Hopefully it's the kind that lingers. They are already thin (metaphorically speaking) on the OLine because of injuries, and if they are missing Banner again, I wouldn't mind.

Sooo.... back to the USC Forum discussion... I just went to their message board for the first time and this automatically stuck out

Clay Helton + W/L Column Struggles=
Abraham Lincoln :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161005-120536.png
    Screenshot_20161005-120536.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I am surrounded by SC people now that I live in LA. They have a special brand of haughtiness, arrogance...just can't put my finger on it...it is its own special vintage of douchiness. Lots of UCLA folks too, but they don't stand out 'cause they aren't nearly as douchy.

Many of my friends are SC fans. They dress their kids in SC clothes and generally prepare them for a life of douchiness as they save up the cost of a $500,000 2030 tuition for each of them. Even some of my Colorado High School buddies went to SC and they quickly learned the same douchiness. There families didn't want them back in Colorado.

No matter what I will go to the game this weekend but I will invariably meet douches. I will get invited to douche tailgates. I am sure that, in my CU gear, I will be kind of like the court fool...good for a dismissive laugh. I will go home and take a shower, but the douche won't come off...at least not fully

I take my son to all the CU vs. UCLA events and that is cool. My delimma is this: Can I take my son to a CU/SC given that he will be surrounded by douches? Is that **** contagious?

Fun fact: shower in French is douche.

I tend to like about 80% of the people I meet. I lived in Southern California for 12 years. I've never met a USC grad that I liked. It's no self-fulfilling prophecy, either; typically I determine I don't like them, even before they tell me where they attended school (typically a 48 second window). USC features the dooooooshiest fan base I've ever encountered. USC is easily my most hated team in the PAC.

We almost beat them last year and we are playing much better ball this year. Outside of it being at the Collesium, all the same arguments were used against us last year.

Clearly most of them have not been paying attention to many of our team's details, strengths, or weaknesses, as their comments and game predictions are super uneducated.

Do they realize they played against one of the worst defenses in the country last week!? We are NOT that defense and we WILL give them a beating as long as our special teams (weakest point) doesn't give it away for us.

Speaking of giving it away, we will go 19 straight games (19, right?) of forcing a turnover with at least two interceptions in this one. Bring it, University of Spoiled Children!

Man, I watched the 60 minute replay of the USC vs ASU game last night and I have to tell you, I just don't think they are all that good. Which stands to reason given their record. Now, I only caught the end of the first half through most of the second, but both teams looked kind of ragged. The thing with USC is that they have play makers with speed. But if our D can just tackle and not allow the kind's of breakaways we did against Michigan, I really like our chances. And ASU just looked downright bad. I have no idea how they were 4-0.

Man, I watched the 60 minute replay of the USC vs ASU game last night and I have to tell you, I just don't think they are all that good. Which stands to reason given their record. Now, I only caught the end of the first half through most of the second, but both teams looked kind of ragged. The thing with USC is that they have play makers with speed. But if our D can just tackle and not allow the kind's of breakaways we did against Michigan, I really like our chances. And ASU just looked downright bad. I have no idea how they were 4-0.

ASU plays better at home. TTU and Cal wins in shootouts. Those are quality victories. But on the road, they're dog****. Very lucky to get a win at UTSA and got steamrolled by USC.

ASU plays better at home. TTU and Cal wins in shootouts. Those are quality victories. But on the road, they're dog****. Very lucky to get a win at UTSA and got steamrolled by USC.
I don't even think that TTU win is anything special.

Watched the whole game last night. ASU's defense was really bad. Lack of effort after their QB went down. Lots of jogging in the secondary. No fire. No real pass rush. Darnold should have been picked a few times, threw some very bad balls. He's going to get in trouble with that against us.

And that backup QB couldn't hit the broad side of the barn. ASU had opportunities on every drive and just squandered them. I think Sefo picks up where he left off.

That said, they have some dudes. I just don't think they looked like a dominant well coached USC team. They looked like a bunch of really good players doing individual things.

Back