What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC Forum

Watched the whole game last night. ASU's defense was really bad. Lack of effort after their QB went down. Lots of jogging in the secondary. No fire. No real pass rush. Darnold should have been picked a few times, threw some very bad balls. He's going to get in trouble with that against us.

And that backup QB couldn't hit the broad side of the barn. ASU had opportunities on every drive and just squandered them. I think Sefo picks up where he left off.

That said, they have some dudes. I just don't think they looked like a dominant well coached USC team. They looked like a bunch of really good players doing individual things.
Apparently Graham switched up his style defensively in this game too. Not nearly as much blitzing as he usually does.

Watched the whole game last night. ASU's defense was really bad. Lack of effort after their QB went down. Lots of jogging in the secondary. No fire. No real pass rush. Darnold should have been picked a few times, threw some very bad balls. He's going to get in trouble with that against us.

And that backup QB couldn't hit the broad side of the barn. ASU had opportunities on every drive and just squandered them. I think Sefo picks up where he left off.

That said, they have some dudes. I just don't think they looked like a dominant well coached USC team. They looked like a bunch of really good players doing individual things.
Exactly my impression.

I don't even think that TTU win is anything special.
WTF??? That T Tech "D" is coordinated by mastermind, David Gibbs! (Whom this board badly wanted as DC)
You remember him, eh? The Buff alum who turned down an offer be the Buffs DC, so he could live in Lubbock! !

Other than Zach Banner. That dude is a freak at OT for them. Can't believe he came back for his senior year.
Can't believe Banner learned NOTHING from Matt Barkley's experience. Or maybe he just got really bad advice.
Would have been a Top 20 pick in the last draft; now he has a lingering ankle injury. That ankle has to support 370 lbs.!!!.

When CU is forced to punt, two things have to happen. One, kick with maximum hang time to force fair catches or two, kick the ball out of bounds. Adoree Jackson cannot be allowed to beat you by returning punts.
Yeah don't kick a ****ing line drive like against Michigan, it'll end badly.

Gilbert likes.
Gilbert might like it even better if a Banner slowed by injury, actually played. Then Gilbert can speed rush all game!
(I still recall that Cal OLB speed rushing against Solder in Berkeley during DH's tenure. Solder didn't stop the kid all day long. He couldn't even slow him down!)

I suspect ASU will be bringing a lot more blitzes going forward as NOT blitzing has stopped nobody.
Not a big Graham fan here....
I don't think anything works, they started off the year blitzing and it was going horribly so they switched it up for USC and got murdered haha.

I don't think anything works, they started off the year blitzing and it was going horribly so they switched it up for USC and got murdered haha.
yea, but to switch it up against a a frosh QB on his second start... WHY

I don't think they started out the year blitzing (Compared to past years and especially last year). Graham has tried to not blitz nearly as often as they did last year. Perhaps he blitzed less in USC game than previous games (I didn't watch the USC game yet), but he's blitzed much less this year than last.

Last edited:
More money coming in on SC... The line is up to -5.5
Good! Vegas cares not a whit! Line is to balance the cash bet on each side. Bookies really don't want to dig into their cash reserves
But the U$C players who peek at that and have no understanding of the betting line (like so many here!), might start getting "overconfident," along the lines of "See? Vegas knows we're gonna kill 'em!"

Good! Vegas cares not a whit! Line is to balance the cash bet on each side. Bookies really don't want to dig into their cash reserves
But the U$C players who peek at that and have no understanding of the betting line (like so many here!), might start getting "overconfident," along the lines of "See? Vegas knows we're gonna kill 'em!"

What would I do without thee who is smarter than thou?

You're calling me condescending?

Back