What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC @ Oregon State

SC still has a great chance to be in the MNC game, unfortunately. But it was great watching them prett much get manhandled all night.

SC still has a great chance to be in the MNC game, unfortunately. But it was great watching them prett much get manhandled all night.

No, actually they don't. The issue is that their remaining schedule is against Pac-10 teams who are all very mediocre this year. There is no way for them to get any big wins to push them past somebody else. I suspect a 1 loss SEC champion and a 1 loss Big 12 champion would still be ahead of USC.

No, actually they don't. The issue is that their remaining schedule is against Pac-10 teams who are all very mediocre this year. There is no way for them to get any big wins to push them past somebody else. I suspect a 1 loss SEC champion and a 1 loss Big 12 champion would still be ahead of USC.

I agree NW Buff. USC would have been odd man out if a team from the SEC & Big XII had gon undefeated. couple this with tosu possibly losing to wiscy and psu, that victory wont be what it seemed to be. Also Virginia has sucked balls too. I heard Duke is actually favored in their game this weekend. I think right now USC is Rose Bowl bound against the winner of the wiscy-psu game....

There's even talk about PSU being a potential MNC pick. Based wholly on computers, they'll see they wiped the floor with OreSt and OreSt beat USC.

Of course they have to beat the Illini first.

There's even talk about PSU being a potential MNC pick. Based wholly on computers, they'll see they wiped the floor with OreSt and OreSt beat USC.

Of course they have to beat the Illini first.

@ wiscy on 10/11 and @tosu on 10/25 too.... two tough road games for PSU

There are few Big 12 teams and a few SEC teams at the top of both polls. Its possible that ecah conference could produce 1 undefeated team. If that happens SC has no shot at it.

I love it! When CU wins out there will be no one standing in our way of a National Championship!

:smile2:

So SC is likely out of the MNC hunt. Does that mean a likely Rose Bowl rematch where the Overrated Stae University gets beat like the neighbor's mule again?

They don't need big wins, they just need to win out. It's highly unlikely that an SEC team and a B12 team will emerge unscathed this year, especially with a CCG that SC does not have to play.

If all teams are 1 loss teams, SC will be in the MNC game. I'd lay money on it.

They don't need big wins, they just need to win out. It's highly unlikely that an SEC team and a B12 team will emerge unscathed this year, especially with a CCG that SC does not have to play.

If all teams are 1 loss teams, SC will be in the MNC game. I'd lay money on it.

I would have to agree. SC will fall to the bottom half of the top ten. As all of the other teams beat each other up over the course of the conference schedule, the Trojans will slowly climb back into the title picture. It would take two undefeated teams to keep a one loss SC team out of Miami and the MNC game.

I would have to agree. SC will fall to the bottom half of the top ten. As all of the other teams beat each other up over the course of the conference schedule, the Trojans will slowly climb back into the title picture. It would take two undefeated teams to keep a one loss SC team out of Miami and the MNC game.

What if they are non-BCS teams, eg. BYU, Boise St?

not so fast my friend....

OU still has to get past TCU, and they just happen to have the #1 defense in the nation, only allowing 188-190 per game in total offense and something lik 8-9 points.
Georgia has a tough game this weekend at home against 'Bama and Nick Saban has that team playing some pretty good ball.

LSU.... I am still not sold on their offense. I still think their QB play is very questionable right now, and their most glaring weekness.

We need to let these weekend's games play out before we make any quick assumptions....

but on a positive note.... if OU is voted #1 in the AP poll, it will break a tie with Notre Dame for who has held the top spot in the AP poll the most number of weeks.....:thumbsup:

Against absolutely no one. We'll see what they do against your team this weekend. If they keep it close with you guys, then I'll give them that #1 ranking and respect. This isn't 05. You guys are set at every position, (especially QB). Just a question, but how did you manage to get TCU to come to your place twice in 4 years without a visit to theirs?

I always love to watch USC lose...............they always seem to think they can win a game just because they are USC. The tackled poorly and just overall didn't play well.

Against absolutely no one. We'll see what they do against your team this weekend. If they keep it close with you guys, then I'll give them that #1 ranking and respect. This isn't 05. You guys are set at every position, (especially QB). Just a question, but how did you manage to get TCU to come to your place twice in 4 years without a visit to theirs?

OU played TCU in 1996 - in Norman
in 1998 - in Ft. Worth
in 2005 - in Norman

in 2008 - in Norman
in 2012 - in Ft. Worth

might need to look up Gay Patterson and TCU's record against BCS schools the past few years. He is a darn good coach and gets his kids to play up to the level of competition when playing BCS schools.

I dont know the answer to your question, could only speculate it has to do with $$$$$ and how much they are getting for this game coming to Norman versus how much they have to pay OU to come to Ft Worth. Amon Carter Stadium seat 44k....

and this happened last spring....

"On February 8, 2008, a section of new seats at Texas Christian University's Amon Carter Stadium collapsed. Part of the west side of the new structure fell onto the south end zone seating, spilling debris down to the first rows of seats. Although no one was injured, progress was halted until the cause of the collapse could be determined."

USC reminds me of FSU in the late 80's and 90's when we had a streak of 14 straight years in the top 5 but only win the big one twice.

I hope last year I got to witness us shutting down your sad excuse for an offense..oh wait I did :lol:

And you guys scored an impressive 16 points and 221 total yards of offense. Last year's game wasn't pretty on either side.

You come all the way over here to talk **** and this is the best you can do? Weak.

Hey, now. FSU's juggernaut of an offense was 1-13 on 3rd downs.:lol:

2007 Season Statistics

Passing Yards p/g

FSU 241.8
CU 234.3

Rushing Yards p/g

FSU 127.6
CU 144.2

Total Yards per game

FSU 379.5
CU 387.6

PPG

FSU 23.3
CU 27.3

:lol: Funny sounds like even at our worst, we are still better than you.

CU wasn't exactly at their best, either. Like I said, both teams played an ugly game last year. Not much to crow about on either side.

And WTF is up with your fans? I thought you guys packed the house? What's this with the upper bowl being closed becuase of poor ticket sales?

OSU showed how to beat a fast D. Run right at them (with a small stop on dime, quick and powerful runner, man I wish we had one of those) with some stuff underneath and down the seams with some occasional misdirection. protect the ball and do this and CU wins handily.

As for this FSU fan, I'm thinking this is an allbuff regular that's just trying to stir the pot. Terrible, stereotypical troll takes, it has to be a fake right? No one can be this transparent right?

Last edited:
OSU showed how to beat a fast D. Run right at them (with a small stop on dime, quick and powerful runner, man I wish we had one of those) with some stuff underneath and down the seams with some occasional misdirection. Protest the ball and do this and CU wins handily.

As for this FSU fan, I'm thinking this is an allbuff regular that's just trying to stir the pot. Terrible, stereotypical troll takes, it has to be a fake right? No one can be this transparent right?

Nah, just another middle schooler trying to act all growed up.

Back