1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USC vs GT

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sliderNcider, Dec 31, 2012.

1. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

USC down early. Pac-12 not looking good

2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

getting bitchslapped by the big Xii is one thing...acc another.

3. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Not to mention GT is 6- 7, this is an embarrassment.

4. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

If they lose to GT, I'm wondering if Lame Kiffin gets fired.

5. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

How long can kiffin stay at USC? Wow. USC has made it known that they didn't want to be there. It was in the El Paso/Las Cruces news while I was down visiting pops. This might be a reflection of that. Either way this is pathetic.

6. BuffClass90

To be 7-5 with their talent is ridiculous. Lame is WAY overrated.

7. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Only one other pre-season #1 finished with 5 losses (Ole Miss 1964)

8. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Max Wittek is TERRIBLE. Laney is going to run SC into the ground. I hope he stays forever.

9. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

USC doesn't care. GT does. Not excusing them for not caring, but that's just how bowl games play out. This is about as clear of an example of that as you'll ever see.

10. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I drive a Dodge Stratus! Club Member

Where was this uninspired bunch of louts when they played us? Crap, timing is everything.

11. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

You can not care and still get within the same zip code as your WR. Wittek sucks ass.

12. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Seems like a lot of the guys on our team didn't care the entire season.

13. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

USC would be in a better bowl if they cared. That is a problem for Lane. As others have said to play in the Sun Bowl with 4*/5* talent is inexcusable.

Kiffen is going for the Mack Brown underperform your talent award this year.

14. BuffClass90

LOL! :lol: There should be an award named after MB!

15. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Game - INT in the end zone...

16. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I think he is taking it to a new level over Mack Brown. Brown at least wins a crap load of games, I believe he is averaging about 9 wins a season at Tejas.

Keep in mind it is going to likely be worse next year. USC will have a ton of guys leaving and will be smack in the middle of the scholarship reduction sanctions. Lane Kiffin straight up sucks ass.

17. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

Bad attitude and a big ego will you beat every time...and getting out coached also

18. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

These refs are awful

19. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

I know I should root for the pac12 team, but glad to see those chumps go down

20. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

21. Walter White

Walter White Member

MB has a national championship, played for another, incredibly high overall winning %, multiple BCS bowl wins, 9-1 record in the last 10 bowl games, lots of top 5/10 finishes, great winning % against ranked opponents, no NCAA violations. Even in a crappy year like this one, he still has 9 wins, including a bowl win over a team that did pretty well in the PAC.

MB has had had his shortcomings, but there are only a few other oaches who have done better over the last 10-15 years or so. Sabin, Meyer, Carroll (SC on probation now), Stoops, and maybe Less Miles.

There are lots of teams with talent and/or near talent. Few have won more games than Brown.

22. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the trophy presentation.. especially the GT player exclaiming shiiit after being asked the obligatory "how do you feel " question

23. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

I always resent good teams that pout their way into losses. USC stole some crummy team's chance at a worthy-enough payday, and in so doing, displayed what Leader Status is worth in THEIR minds for their conference. "Wipe our bottoms, flush the toilet with it, we're outta here."

Wish they'd have just avoided the Sun Bowl altogether. Be a man and refuse it. "We don't wanna play in it. We'd rather not play anywhere."

Don't forget that Georgia was a recent Pre-Season #1 twice and ended up with about 4 or 5 losses in those seasons.

24. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

:yeahthat: Lane's an idiot, his team wanted to be where there's a beach and he was playing a team using a modified 'bone "O" that can give many coachs a rough time. Still, no excuses.

25. Walter White

Walter White Member

The Sun Bowl does not have to invite SC, I don't believe. This is not the first time this has happened with SC, I don't believe.

Read Death to the BCS, it's all corrupt anyhow. These guys that put the bowled together are in it 100% for the money anyhow. They got what they deserved.

Also, when you say the school missed out on a payday, most schools actually lose money when going to a bowl when you add up expenses and the required ticket allotment the schools are required to purchase. It's one big scam.

26. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

That was shameful and inexcusable how the USC team missed the dinner party.

27. Walter White

Walter White Member

Disrespectful.

28. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Lane will be gone this time next year. I just hope USC doesn't hire someone that is competent.

29. Walter White

Walter White Member

Pete Carroll was my favorite college football coach. Was a shame to see him leave for the NFL. I loved having SC as a powerhouse to counterbalance the SEC teams.

I don't know that the "cheating" SC did was on PC. It is one thing to induce a player to come to a school with money. It's totally different when a player did what Bush did after he was already there. SC didn't benefit in any way from The Bush thing. That was a third party trying to get rich, not a SC booster trying to entice Bush to come to SC.

I liked PC's style. A perfect blend of keeping things loose and fun, but still demanding excellence and fostering ruthless competition within the team. I can't stand the old school always angry and yelling sourpuss coach: Bo Pelini would be exhibit a.

30. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

I think that 5-7 season really stands out here. And this year's loss to OU in somewhat craptacular fashion.

Texas fans are quick to point out that Texas has the BIGGEST facilities and the MOST recognizable brand nationwide. They often mention the superior academics, the flawless record with the NCAA and the unique footprint in the heart of premier football recruiting.

Those are the factors which contribute to Mack Brown's W/L record. The 5-7 record and OU loss are about underachieving. Should a team that enjoys all of these advantages ever go down to the wire with Oregon State? Should they at least occasionally beat that JUCO in Manhattan Kansas?

The National Championship was largely about one special player.

You are a Horns fan that supports Mack Brown, but it is my observation that you are increasingly in the minority.