What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC's HC Plans (Sark to USC)

SC could certainly do much worse. Young, recruits the West Coast, experience at SC.

I guess props to Haden for making his own hire. Mike Bohn should take notes, he would have taken a fan poll and just picked whoever the fanbase wanted the most.

Time will tell if Haden was right

Sorry, but I'm calling bullsh*t on this one. The revisionist history regarding Mike Bohn is getting ridiculous. Tad Boyle was clear and away the #3 choice among the fans. McLean and Dunlap were running each at around 46%, with Boyle a total afterthought among fans.

Mike McIntyre was Bohn's #2 choice behind Bitch Jones. He made a serious play for Jones, and ended up getting his second choice. He wasn't consulting fan boards to see which way the wind was blowing at the time of the hire.

Bohn made a lot of mistakes, but let's not add to the list.

As for the Sark hire - I tend to look at things through the lens of how it could impact CU. On the surface, I think this benefits CU. Much will depend on who UW gets as a replacement, though. We're still not at a place where we can go head-to-head with USC for recruits. We should be able to go up against UW for recruits if they're in the midst of a coaching search.

That would be insanity!

A UW fan on sbnation threw out McElwain as a HC candidate.

I think that would a 4th or 5th choice.

Now the pirate would create some chaos that I would enjoy! The Oregon State head coach would also create some interesting opportunities for the Buffs!

It seems like a guy who is getting by in the mountain west conference to step up to a head coach in the PAC is s big promotion for proving very little?

It wouldn't surprise me if the guy talking about hiring McElwain actually meant McIntyre. Honestly, nobody knows who the hell CSU's coach is.

Even if we don't gain a current USC or UW recruit. I'm hoping we land someone they may have missed with this transition.

I don't see any direct benefits from this development.

As a matter of fact, I would much rather have had $C do something stupid like hire some overrated guy or NFL coach. Like JDR.

I don't see any direct benefits from this development.

As a matter of fact, I would much rather have had $C do something stupid like hire some overrated guy or NFL coach. Like JDR.

JDR always had a very good defense and really good run game. It was because he couldn't find a QB worth a damn causing him to get fired in Jax.

Yeah - and it's not like Jacksonville has all of the sudden gotten better after JDR got fired, either.

Sorry, but I'm calling bullsh*t on this one. The revisionist history regarding Mike Bohn is getting ridiculous. Tad Boyle was clear and away the #3 choice among the fans. McLean and Dunlap were running each at around 46%, with Boyle a total afterthought among fans.

Mike McIntyre was Bohn's #2 choice behind Bitch Jones. He made a serious play for Jones, and ended up getting his second choice. He wasn't consulting fan boards to see which way the wind was blowing at the time of the hire.

Bohn made a lot of mistakes, but let's not add to the list.

As for the Sark hire - I tend to look at things through the lens of how it could impact CU. On the surface, I think this benefits CU. Much will depend on who UW gets as a replacement, though. We're still not at a place where we can go head-to-head with USC for recruits. We should be able to go up against UW for recruits if they're in the midst of a coaching search.

Football only. It's pretty clear he went with the most popular hire the first two times, especially with Embree.

Embree was the fan's choice? That's news to me. He certainly was not my choice at the time.

Mine either. Embree was the choice of a select group of very vocal alumni.

Hawkins was the fans choice. At about 20 schools around the country. He was also the choice of many other people. To reduce that hire to a popularity contest is just silliness.

Embree was the fan's choice? That's news to me. He certainly was not my choice at the time.

Embree or Bieniemy. We could probably dig up a poll but I would guess the vast majority was in favor of a "former Buff."

I don't think changes in staffs help us with recruiting. I do think that chaos in multiple programs creates an opportunity for CU to rise in the Pac. An example would be Cal this year. The coaching transition caused chaos which compounded with injuries led us to a win. My hope is that Washington looks within the conference for a replacement.​

Sark was treading on extremely thin ice at UW, and not because of his record. He knew he was on his way out and got lucky with this opening.

UDub scout board is saying the top candidates are Petersen, Nussmeyer and Mora. Mora happens to be in Seattle right now recruiting. The Boise State board mod stopped by to say Petersen would jump for the UW job per his sources, but that was before the job actually became available.

UDub scout board is saying the top candidates are Petersen, Nussmeyer and Mora. Mora happens to be in Seattle right now recruiting. The Boise State board mod stopped by to say Petersen would jump for the UW job per his sources, but that was before the job actually became available.
Mora or Boise Pete would be hilarious.

Back