What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC's HC Plans (Sark to USC)

I would not put UCLA that high. It is in a prime recruiting area but tends not to have the support for Football that other programs have.

That's the toughest one for me. A coach isn't going to make as much money there, have the best fan support, or have an administration that is willing to open admissions windows as wide as other places do.

But the recruiting grounds are so good on top of the university being the #1 place in the country for applications every year. As a coach, you'd have to look at that and say that you'd be rich and famous in LA with a good shot at going on a run like Terry Donahue did. It's a pretty damn good job.

That's the toughest one for me. A coach isn't going to make as much money there, have the best fan support, or have an administration that is willing to open admissions windows as wide as other places do.

But the recruiting grounds are so good on top of the university being the #1 place in the country for applications every year. As a coach, you'd have to look at that and say that you'd be rich and famous in LA with a good shot at going on a run like Terry Donahue did. It's a pretty damn good job.

When EB was there he realized the nice raise he got for going there would not cover the increased cost of housing. I think most of the assistants had multi hour commutes to the school. EB did not like it at all. EB actually called Barnett and wanted to go back to CU but his position had been filled.

When EB was there he realized the nice raise he got for going there would not cover the increased cost of housing. I think most of the assistants had multi hour commutes to the school. EB did not like it at all. EB actually called Barnett and wanted to go back to CU but his position had been filled.

If we're talking about the best spots to be an assistant coach, I'm with you for sure. UCLA is not a good place to be an assistant. Not as bad as Stanford, but not good.

If we're talking about the best spots to be an assistant coach, I'm with you for sure. UCLA is not a good place to be an assistant. Not as bad as Stanford, but not good.

I will NOT sit idley by as you besmirch Stanford's good name! Take it back!

Kennedy Polamalu is the new RB coach at UCLA. I wonder how long before he's seen around town wearing USC gear and proclaiming that the Trojans are back.

I would rate UCLA as the #1 underperforming school, historically. There is no reason why they could not be a consistent powerhouse.

I would rate UCLA as the #1 underperforming school, historically. There is no reason why they could not be a consistent powerhouse.

I'd argue for aTm as #1. They are in the richest recruiting state in the country, with a very large and loyal fanbase. UCLA definitely does not have a major football fanbase and is very fair weather.

I'd argue for aTm as #1. They are in the richest recruiting state in the country, with a very large and loyal fanbase. UCLA definitely does not have a major football fanbase and is very fair weather.

Hard to argue with that, but UCLA is right up there. Part of the reason they don't have a major fanbase is because they aren't very good, typically. UCLA recruiting position/advantage is equal to or better than ATM. Plus, UCLA is in a fantastic location w/beautiful campus, etc.

UCLA has always played 2nd fiddle to USC in LA on the Football side of things and really they consider themselves a BB school. This has been true for several decades.

UCLA has always played 2nd fiddle to USC in LA on the Football side of things and really they consider themselves a BB school. This has been true for several decades.

Which is why i rank them as #1 underperformer. They basically have the same advantages of SC, yet do nothing.

Which is why i rank them as #1 underperformer. They basically have the same advantages of SC, yet do nothing.

But is it really underperforming if they just don't care that much? You, of all people, know that aTm really, really, really cares a lot.

But is it really underperforming if they just don't care that much? You, of all people, know that aTm really, really, really cares a lot.

With ucla, I would say yes, for sure.

And with respect to A&M, there is no argument against them being one of the top, if not the top, underperformers, espeically when you consider the cash they throw at the program and alum support. That said, their fan support is "different", and not everyone's cup of tea.

Georgia is up there too, esp in the past 15 years or so. Similar advantages to LSU/FL/Bama/Auburn....but where is the hardware?

I lived in socal for 7 years and had many SC friends and co-workers. The SC people I know are very cool and decent folks.

There are exactly zero cool and decent USC grads/fans. I lived in Socal longer than you, and have had a lot of exposure. Since this one factor is absolutely fixed in my mind, I know what I need to know about you.

There are exactly zero cool and decent USC grads/fans. I lived in Socal longer than you, and have had a lot of exposure. Since this one factor is absolutely fixed in my mind, I know what I need to know about you.
I know a few SC grads. two of them are decent. One is the sleaziest person I know. And I'm a lawyer, so let that sink in.

Back