What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC's Josh Shaw Injured... "I would do it again"

If he'd just lied to his coaches, that would be one thing.

The dude ****ing issued a statement to the media about how he would do this for any kid. He's an asshole.

He wasn't lying about that, though. He really would jump through a window to evade cops and try to make it seem like he was saving a kid - all over again. I'm pretty certain that if faced with the same set of circumstances, he'd do exactly the same thing.

USC is doing their damn best to bury what actually happened here. Hope it comes out.

USC is doing their damn best to bury what actually happened here. Hope it comes out.

Shaw hired a criminal defense attorney.

Hard to imagine someone doing that if they weren't concerned that they might be accused of a crime.

"Help, I've fallen and I want it to appear that I did something noble and can barely get up"

Hee

Weird when I heard he was a team captain and did some speech. Top it off, he involves somebody in his lie. Some NFL teams will avoid this guy I'd guess.

No one gives a **** except ESPN. His teammates treat him no different and the only thing he does is showers at a different time to avoid any potential problems making teammates uncomfortable. Good job to the whole rams organization for making this process as easy and un-newsworthy as possible. ESPN is so stupid.

Sorry for the thread jack. I was just posting that ESPN doesn't really GAF about Shaw but this is what they are reporting.

Considering how the NFL responds to things like Ray Rice beating up his fiance and Ray Lewis being involved in a murder had he just kept quiet and eventually admitted that he was with a bunch of friends and decided to run from the cops this thing would have likely blown over and he wouldn't have been impacted much other that USC suspending him for 2-3 games (just coincidentaly about the same number of games he would miss due to his sprained ankles.)

Now that it is all over the news the casual fans will know him as the woman beater who lied about saving his nephew in a pool. Some of the NFL teams might be a little more hesitant to deal with the PR so this may cost him a few spots in the draft which if he would have gone fairly high could mean some significant money.

Sark has not had a good week. :lol:

On a serious note (since allegations of being racist are serious things), that really sounds like a teenager not liking that he's being told what to do. Basically, not respecting the player-coach relationship and how it's a business when you start getting to these levels. Without knowing more, I read this as a young guy, barely more than a kid, mistaking authority/chain-of-command/how the real world works. Instead, interpreting their meeting in Sark's office as "this white guy is giving me orders instead of treating me as an equal, so he's a racist who thinks I'm some kind of slave".

P.S. **** Troy!

On a serious note (since allegations of being racist are serious things), that really sounds like a teenager not liking that he's being told what to do. Basically, not respecting the player-coach relationship and how it's a business when you start getting to these levels. Without knowing more, I read this as a young guy, barely more than a kid, mistaking authority/chain-of-command/how the real world works. Instead, interpreting their meeting in Sark's office as "this white guy is giving me orders instead of treating me as an equal, so he's a racist who thinks I'm some kind of slave".

P.S. **** Troy!

Sounds that way. Players are coming to Sark's defense.

Racist lying cheaters ! :smile2:

Amazing how when he gets beat out and is no longer looking at potentially being the starting RB Sark is suddenly a racist.
LOL. The great thing about sports is it is a true meritocracy. A racist coach would never be successful...except maybe in hockey :lol:

P.S. **** Troy!

You mean USC players are immature, privileged, little pansies?!? Get outta here!!

Amazing how when he gets beat out and is no longer looking at potentially being the starting RB Sark is suddenly a racist.

Well, did you see the new starter?

nerdy-white-guy-620x350.jpg

As far as I can tell, the NFL thinks it's ok to beat women. Bud DON'T SMOKE WEED! (Lewis Black shoutout)

Or, as Prater will attest, don't drink beer.

(of course drinking and driving is stupid, dangerous and unforgiveable. It's the "crime" value of drinking a beer in his own house being worse than beating your wife or girlfriend that is bizarre NFL logic.)

Back