What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UT BoR meeting on Monday

"This was posted on OBloods. I don't know who this guy is so take it FWIW.

---------------

Okay boys, I resist the urge to post information on this site about stuff I get from people inside the program or from level 2's with a credible, proven track record. One reason I've chosen to post this information is to illustrate a point: The reporting on this site and others is largely speculative and somewhat unreliable to the extent it assumes Texas doesn't have options or to suggest Texas will do anything but maintain it's status as a National power. I find it somewhat nauseating to listen to talk radio, read the print media or read this site with apocalyptic reaction to Texas a&m's self-fullfilling prophecy to maintain it's mediocre status by racing a Ford Festiva in the Daytona 500 and thinking they have a chance. Make no mistake about it, ATM and OU are knee jerking because Texas has got everyone behind the 8 ball with it's brand management and tv stronghold on the WWL, ESPN.

The intention of this post is to illustrate the above basic premise. Texas already has a package on the table from ESPN that would send every sport to the ACC except Football.

Football would remain independent and get 8 home games and 4 road games that are guaranteed nat'l television on either an ESPN network, ABC, or LHN. 4 of the 12 game schedule would be against ACC teams each year. The contract would pay UT over $1 Billion.

You heard it hear first.

Some on this board have asked, "why wouldn't Texas go to the SEC.". The answer is simple and this statement is from about as high up the Level 1 food chain you can get. I had a conversation during the Rice game with an individual directly involved in the decision-making process over conference realignment. His comment was that UT would never go to the SEC because of the widespread corruption within the conference.....PERIOD.

"Subjecting our State and our program to a rogue conference is not in the best interest of our University." Nothing more was said on the subject and it was fairly straight and to the point.

Hook 'em. "

1 billion ???:wtf:

No way in hell the ACC accepts a non-football member. The only reason the ACC would want Texas is for football. They don't exactly need to strengthen their basketball brand (or soccer or baseball). I'm calling bull**** on this one.

how about this one ....

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Ostate4life
We are hearing that TT, OU and OSU will share a network and the LHN will be "bought" by the Pac. UT will get no extra money from the LHN but it will be a purely UT network. OU and OSU are ok with this because it gets our programming into Texas and Tech is ok with it because it gets their brand into Oklahoma and possibly New Mexico (Scott thinks he can use TT to get into eastern NM) UT is obviously ok with it because they still get a Longhorn only Network. If for some reason the LHN fails to gain traction then Tech could be added later. Sounds like a pretty reasonable deal for all parties involved.

I don't know ****, but I could see UT going notre dame and joining a conference as a non football member. I think the B1G would be the best fit for all sports, but i can't see them taking the horns. I can see Scott allowing them to the PAC, but the ESPN deal would block this because ESPN has no relationship with the PAC. Worthles post move along

Back