1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UT to review dorm named after Klan Member

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Del, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Del

Del Member

2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Didn't CU have a chow hall/dorm named after a famous killer of indigenous people? Just sayin'...

I'd rather sling mud at the ridiculousness of this "oh hells no...we're not takin' no outta staters with us to the Pac 10" bull****.

3. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the Packer Grill? Not the same thing as a dorm, just a nickname for a campus cafe. Plus he didn't kill indigenous people, he did eat parts of his travelling companions (not native American, BTW) when they were all snowbound and some had starved to death. He was a survivor and an opportunist, and some people think it was impolite to eat the liver of dead companions to survive, but I don't think he was accused of killing them, just recycling them. A true Boulderite.

4. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

Nichols Hall

5. Del

Del Member

I just thought the article was funny because UT puts out this aura/vibe that they are just superior to everybody in everything but just like any other school they have their own problems/blemishes too. Anyway I thought you guys would enjoy it.

6. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Imagine an Allbuffer named "Alferd" defending Packer the Cannibal. But no, in this case 66 is right--it was Nichols.

7. The Guest

The Guest Guest

The best Allbuffs threads take on a life of their own, and seldom in a direction that was intended. It was a good submission.

8. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

This from the comments section:

[​IMG]

9. The Guest

The Guest Guest

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

10. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

CU has some pretty ugly stink on itself from the McCarthy era and drumming out of jobs of some Jewish faculty for being accused (never proven and purely circumstantial 3rd person slander) of having Communist sympathies. It's not pretty stuff. One of my friends grandfather was a philosophy instructor who was persecuted as such.