What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ut - tt

I think Texas Tech loses to both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State
Oklahoma State loses to Colorado and Oklahoma
Oklahoma wins out
Texas wins out and wins the Big 12 title
Oklahoma goes to the BCS title game because of a better non conference schedule than Texas

And I'm still assuming that because John Parker Wilson is QB'ing the Tide, eventually this Bama will lose.

Except that Texas would get the auto-bid for winning the conference and OU would have to be an at-large to get to a BCS bowl.

That is a clean scenario, but I think OU loses to Tech which means Tech goes to the Big 12 game. And who the hell knows what Okie State does. They very well could beat Tech and OU which would then put Texas in the Big 12 game.

At least the south is fun to follow this year.

I'm trying to figure this out and am too lazy to look up the rules.

If OU beats Tech, then Texas, OU, Tech all have one loss (I'm keeping OSU out of the equation at the moment although they could still end up beating Tech and OU).

So Texas loses to Tech
Tech loses to OU
OU loses to Texas.

Who represents the South?

dunno? good thought though. Maybe its total points scored during the season, perhaps a coin flip, or maybe I have no friggin clue.

Except that Texas would get the auto-bid for winning the conference and OU would have to be an at-large to get to a BCS bowl.

That is a clean scenario, but I think OU loses to Tech which means Tech goes to the Big 12 game. And who the hell knows what Okie State does. They very well could beat Tech and OU which would then put Texas in the Big 12 game.

At least the south is fun to follow this year.

Is there an actual auto bid? I thought it was still whatever the computer spits out?

I don't see Texas Leapfrogging Florida, especially if the Gators win out and beat Bama in the SEC Championship game

Oklahoma's in a good position at #3 with top ten games remaining against Tech and Okie State (Again I'm predicting the CU upset, but if OSU does win).
Then they have two possible BCS teams in Cincinnati and TCU that could each run the table and give Oklahoma two of the strongest non conference wins of the season of any team in the top 10

I believe, unless there is an autobid "must win conference" provision, that Oklahoma is still in play on the big stage.

Sure would be nice if we ever get to the day when we are contemplating the Buffs placement in the BCS.....just like Bohn and Hawk promised...

I'm trying to figure this out and am too lazy to look up the rules.

If OU beats Tech, then Texas, OU, Tech all have one loss (I'm keeping OSU out of the equation at the moment although they could still end up beating Tech and OU).

So Texas loses to Tech
Tech loses to OU
OU loses to Texas.

Who represents the South?

Highest ranked team in the BCS, most likely OU.

Big 12 tiebreaker procedure:

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1546006

Divisional Tiebreakers: The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of fi nish (4, 5 and 6)
The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative
The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative
The representative will be chosen by draw.

Is there an actual auto bid? I thought it was still whatever the computer spits out?

I don't see Texas Leapfrogging Florida, especially if the Gators win out and beat Bama in the SEC Championship game

Oklahoma's in a good position at #3 with top ten games remaining against Tech and Okie State (Again I'm predicting the CU upset, but if OSU does win).
Then they have two possible BCS teams in Cincinnati and TCU that could each run the table and give Oklahoma two of the strongest non conference wins of the season of any team in the top 10

I believe, unless there is an autobid "must win conference" provision, that Oklahoma is still in play on the big stage.

If Texas wins the Big 12, they will get the autobid into a BCS game. #1 and #2 obviously still play for the championship. So the question would be if OU was ranked 1 or 2, but did not win the conference can they still play for the national championship as an at-large. I'm looking for the BCS rules but not having any luck right now. Both Nebraska and OU have played for the NC game w/o winning the conference in recent years, but I seem to remember some backlash about changing those rules. Anyone remember what came of it?

If Texas wins the Big 12, they will get the autobid into a BCS game. #1 and #2 obviously still play for the championship. So the question would be if OU was ranked 1 or 2, but did not win the conference can they still play for the national championship as an at-large. I'm looking for the BCS rules but not having any luck right now. Both Nebraska and OU have played for the NC game w/o winning the conference in recent years, but I seem to remember some backlash about changing those rules. Anyone remember what came of it?

I think it's the BCS #1+2 NO MATTER WHAT.

Actually, I think even the conference champ can get screwed out of a BCS Bowl if 2 other teams in the conference are 1+2 in the BCS.

I think it's the BCS #1+2 NO MATTER WHAT.

Actually, I think even the conference champ can get screwed out of a BCS Bowl if 2 other teams in the conference are 1+2 in the BCS.

That makes sense. It is just hard to see a conference champ getting booted from a BCS game because two other teams in the conference are ranked ahead of them. It theoretically could happen if say Texas was number 1, OU number 2. Texas goes to the Big 12 champ game while OU does not. Texas then loses the game to the north representative and only falls to number 2 in the BCS standings and OU moves to 1. Then Texas and OU play in the NC game while the Big 12 champ stays home.

My head hurts now.

No CU won the Big 12 title, but Nebraska still made the BCS title game. That was my point.

But CU received the Big 12 autobid to a BCS game for winning the Big 12. Nebraska fell from No. 1 to No. 2 so they received an at-large bid to play in the NC game.

I think I am seeing the disconnect here. You are primarily talking about the actual NC game while Jens and I are referring to all BCS bowl games.

Back to your scenario way above where you have Texas winning the Big 12 but OU going to the NC game. Just like the CU/NU situation, Texas would receive the Big 12 autobid for winning the conference while OU would receive the at-large bid for being ranked 1 or 2. Although even if we don't have anyone ranked 1 or 2, we could still have an at-large bid in a BCS bowl (not NC game). See Kansas last year.

But CU received the Big 12 autobid to a BCS game for winning the Big 12. Nebraska fell from No. 1 to No. 2 so they received an at-large bid to play in the NC game.

I think I am seeing the disconnect here. You are primarily talking about the actual NC game while Jens and I are referring to all BCS bowl games.

Back to your scenario way above where you have Texas winning the Big 12 but OU going to the NC game. Just like the CU/NU situation, Texas would receive the Big 12 autobid for winning the conference while OU would receive the at-large bid for being ranked 1 or 2. Although even if we don't have anyone ranked 1 or 2, we could still have an at-large bid in a BCS bowl (not NC game). See Kansas last year.

Yes

I'd have to agree. He's on the map now. He won the game when the game was on the line.

We don't have a single WR thats even in the same area code as he's in. :cry:

What's rather impressive is that he fumbled earlier in the game which gave UT great field position and gave them some points AND bounced back to win it all. If he gets tackled inbounds then TT loses, but he broke free when he needed to and won the game. The composure of both Harrell and Crabtree in the final secods was awesome. Harrell knew the game was on the line, didn't rush the ball but waited for it and then threw a great pass. THEN you have Crabtree catching it, but deciding that he could break free and score a TD.

Leach had balls of steel to call that play. As much as I think he's a dufus in interviews, that was a gutsy play. Then again, you don't win a mNC without calling those types of plays when you need to. Not in the 85-scholarship era and certainly not against teams that have better athletes.

TWheat said Crabtree was the best receiver he ever played against and when he was here he played against some great WRs. The guy is a stud and I'm glad he'll bolt after this year along with Harrell (he's a Sr, right?)

Back