1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UT vs Mizzou

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SBG, Oct 24, 2009.

1. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

21-0 in the first. Mizzou sucks. The North is absolutely abysmal

2. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

What do you mean? A team with a coach that is 95 years-old leading the division? The North is the bomb.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Texas plays exactly no one in their non-conference this year. Considering that only 1 other team in the conference deserves to be ranked (OSU), I would have a hard time putting them ahead of Cincy if they both finish undefeated. If Cincy runs the table, they will have beaten Oregon State, Rutgers, South Florida and Pittsburgh on the road plus West Virginia at home. That's a hell of a lot more than an undefeated Texas will have accomplished.

4. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Texas looks sharp so far tonight.

5. CarolinaBuff

Damm, UT just blocked a punt and I think the Texas player snagged the ball before the misery punter even had a chance to kick it. Talk about not even close.

6. Tadploe

Tadploe Member Club Member

This is just the kind of year Gary Barnett would win a worthless Big12 north title and get killed in the Big 12 title game! And then get rolled in a cheezy bowl game. I am starting to miss old gary:doh:

7. Buffnik

Yeah. Those days were the bomb. :bang:

8. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

GB went 2-2 in bowl games. He didn't coach the bowl game against Clemson. He rightfully deserved to get canned for getting destroyed 70-3 but I'd be happy to have him back. It'll never happen I know but he was and is a Buff through and through. I believe it in my heart that he would have produced winning seasons with the talent that hawk has squandered but we'll never know. Now I'm praying that Bohn does the right thing and cuts this guy loose post haste. You can argue about interim coaches and recruiting and whatever but lets face it... this recruiting cycle is going to be brutal anyway. Lets exorcise hawk and at least preserve some sanity and dignity. This man has all but destroyed CU football. He does not need to finish the year.

9. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Its shocking, but I miss Barnett too.

that's how bad Talkins really is..

10. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

That's why really great coaches run fake punts out of the end zone... :lol:

11. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Again reaffirmed my feelings on UT this year. Excellent and vastly underrated defense and special teams. Tonight was the first time Colt's performance looked consistent with last year. If he plays average and does nothing to cost them the game the other segments of the team should allow the Horns to cruise to a Big 12 title but have huge ?s come BCS time.

12. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I think they should think about letting Colt run more. I know they were forced to have him carry their running game last year because of lack of personnel, but I think that made him so much more dangerous when defenses had to be prepared for option runs or designed draws. He runs a bigger risk of getting hurt, but their offense would probably be a lot scarier if he did run more.

13. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Gag. O-State's been the laughing stock of the PacNW most of its existence. The others are city colleges elevated to become Div-1 patsies for most of their years. WVA barely beat a castrated Neb team.

My favoritism toward Cincy is only because they will play 2nd and 3rd string QBs without any problem at all, and achieve positive, blow-out results. But they're still playing against teams fielding dregs and leftovers from other program's walk-on rejects.

14. CarolinaBuff

:confused:

You have West Virginia confused with Virginia Tech.

15. Buffnik

Oregon State is 4-3, lost by 1 score to USC last night on the road, and is coming off a 9-4 season where they tied for the Pac-10 championship.

Pittsburgh has won like 4 national championships and at least 1 Heisman Trophy (and is 7-1 this year).

Rutgers is 5-2 and is going to its 5th straight bowl game this year.

USF is 5-2, smoked Florida State on the road, and is also heading to its 5th straight bowl game this year.

WVU is 6-1, ranked #20, would be undefeated if not for turnovers at Auburn, and has won at least 8 games every year since 2002.

I didn't even mention Fresno State (beaten already) or UConn (play in 2 weeks), which are both 4-3 and do nothing to hurt their strength of schedule. Hell, even Syracuse at 3-4 (play this week) is back to being decent and could find their way to a bowl game this year if they can pull a couple upsets and take care of Louisville.