1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Utah or Kansas? You decide.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Jun 12, 2010.

?

Who should be the final school added to the Big 12?

1. Utah

77.8%
  2. Kansas

20.4%
  3. Other

1.9%
  1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

It's beginning to look like the invite will go to UT, Tech, OU, and OSU, with a fifth team as yet to be determined. Assuming A&M decides to go to the SEC (again, looking like a good possibility, but far from certain), who would you prefer to add as the 16th (and final) team to the conference. Your choices are Utah or Kansas. I'll throw in "other" for the sake of conversation.

2. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

I voted Kansas because I think they bring in more revenue in a TV deal. They have made big commitments in football and we all know their BB prowess.

3. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

utah, the more newcomers the better

i dont think cu was a good fit in the big 12 and i dont want any of them to come with us.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Utah.

It's the PAC not a merger between the PAC 10 and 6 schools from the Big 12. Utah is part of the west and Kansas really isn't. Plus, Salt Lake City has already passed Kansas City in population and has one of the highest growth rates of any city in the country. KC, not so much. We need to be looking to the future instead of holding onto the past.

5. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

What nik said. I will always fondly remember the Big 8 but those days are dust. Time to move on.

6. cruisebuff

cruisebuff Club Member Club Member

Either would be better than A&M (hope they go to the SEC). Between the two I like Utah - a school we could develop a rivalry with. Agree that Utah is part of the west and Kansas really isn't.

7. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

9. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

AFA. Much closer. Beautiful setting. National awareness.

10. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

The stereotypes of the Academy fan: straight-laced, sharp edges, impeccably dressed, followers of all rules, focus on winning and domination and strategy
    vs. Boulder fans: loose, casual, like sports if they don't interfere with a good time, "rules are made to be bent", sunshine and flatirons... not so much strategy as karma ...

Just an interesting contrast. (And yes, I know not all fans fit either stereotype. But it could be an interesting culture clash nonetheless.)

11. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Truthfully, if the choice were between AFA and CSU, I'd choose CSU. Top end potential is much higher, and there's already an established rivalry there. Neither brings much to the table, though. Both would be horrible choices.

12. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

Utah, Salt Lake would be a better market than KC plus KC is going to be too split up with all the Fuskers clamoring for Big 10 games...

13. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

If I thought the Pac would even consider AFA, I would pull hard for them. It would fit with the Pac format Oregon/OSU, UW/WSU, USC/UCLA, Cal/Stanford, ASU/UA, TT/UT, OU/OSU, CU/AFA. But Cal would never let that happen. Too bad CSU doesn't bring jack to the table, otherwise I'd support that decision too. As it is, Kansas has a way bigger national following than Utah and is just as "West" as OU, OSU and UT so that argument is bogus.

14. Highlander27

Highlander27 Well-Known Member

I'm indifferent honestly. If all things were created equal, I would say Utah in a heartbeat. KU has history with us, also a top notch basketball program. Major problem is it's in the middle of no-where. Still, there is some significant benefits to them as a conference partner.

I think either team could fit as a rival. I want to say Utah, from a "Conference of Champions" standpoint, KU is probably the better fit athletically.

15. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Utah, imagine losing the red out of Folsom AND the Blue out of Coors?:thumbsup:

16. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I voted Utah. Not that I want to piss on Kansas and fellow Big 8 brother but the school is on the other side of the state and isn't a Western or Southern School. The football rivalry is meaningless and while the KU basketball fans fill up Coors once a year we can't ever beat them. I'm going with Utah.

I think Kansas fits better with the SEC, Big East or Big Ten anyway. But I can't deny they would be a nice pickup for the Pac 10 in basketball.

17. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

That argument may be true if you live in New York or Alabama, but people from Kansas don't surf or snowboard, people from California on the other hand... Kansas is miles apart from Utah, both geographically and culturally. Kansas brings alot to the table, but so does Duke and Louisville... Why not go for them too?

18. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

Utah is red as well....

19. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

This.