What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ute fan here - dropped by to say hell yeah!

is it me or is the utes fight song actually the theme for monty python's flying circus?

[video=youtube;GIhCQLBOWsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIhCQLBOWsw&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;49c-_YOkmMU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49c-_YOkmMU[/video]

290146affe2a476ff7c296bb03af1b64.jpg

Wow. Utah's mascot is almost as cool as K-State's.

this is not FTW

This is a sad, sad little smack thread. Sigh.

Maybe we need to look more carefully at UCLA as a rival. I know they've got USC and all, but I've attended those games and they're really lame. I think UCLA can do better, and I'm not convinced USC can. Besides, I think USC's sanctions prevent them from having a rival, but I'm not sure about that.

All I know is that this Utah rivalry isn't off to a good start. Maybe we're trying too hard. I don't know...this has never happened to me before...

With Dan Hawkins as coach I dont' think we'll be seeing any big time football anytime soon. But it is nice to be in the Pac 12. congrats Portland Ute.

This is a sad, sad little smack thread. Sigh.

Maybe we need to look more carefully at UCLA as a rival. I know they've got USC and all, but I've attended those games and they're really lame. I think UCLA can do better, and I'm not convinced USC can. Besides, I think USC's sanctions prevent them from having a rival, but I'm not sure about that.

All I know is that this Utah rivalry isn't off to a good start. Maybe we're trying too hard. I don't know...this has never happened to me before...

true.

i am quite disappointed in you.

you need to step it up, muthaka...

With Dan Hawkins as coach I dont' think we'll be seeing any big time football anytime soon. But it is nice to be in the Pac 12. congrats Portland Ute.

There is always good football to be seen, Jimmy. Just not with the product compliments of Commander Zen.

is it me or is the utes fight song actually the theme for monty python's flying circus?

[video=youtube;GIhCQLBOWsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIhCQLBOWsw&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;49c-_YOkmMU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49c-_YOkmMU[/video]

"Our gang is the jolliest that you have ever seen???" Wow. Talk about intimidation. Nothing strikes fear in opponents like a gang of jolly men... Jolly and red works for Santa. For big time football?? Not so much....

Just a hint, Yutes. The reason other college men won't meet you in the muss (whatever the **** a muss is) isn't because they're afraid of you. It's because they aren't going to meet a bunch of guys that introduce themselves as "jolly" anywhere....

BTW, it's a shame the costume shop was sold out of any mascot heads that would have been even remotely appropriate. That is a damn jolly looking bird, though... :thumbsup:

"Our gang is the jolliest that you have ever seen???" Wow. Talk about intimidation. Nothing strikes fear in opponents like a gang of jolly men... Jolly and red works for Santa. For big time football?? Not so much....

Just a hint, Yutes. The reason other college men won't meet you in the muss (whatever the **** a muss is) isn't because they're afraid of you. It's because they aren't going to meet a bunch of guys that introduce themselves as "jolly" anywhere....

BTW, it's a shame the costume shop was sold out of any mascot heads that would have been even remotely appropriate. That is a damn jolly looking bird, though... :thumbsup:

:rofl:

Portland Ute, if you want to feel the real smack you will have to do better to induce it. I'm bored.

It was pretty weak (grandpappy smack?) but at least you're trying. I'm glad to see the Buff have a little spirit left for us to break - it's no fun beating up on people who don't care any more.

So well done, little man. Now prepare for your ass kickings, cuz Kyle Whittingham and the mighty Utes are going to skin your Buffs and knock up all your cheerleaders. Or at least the ones that aren't hairy.

Fact not smack. Our schools had a little tilt from 1903-1962 and CU leads the series 30-24-3. CU won eight of the last 10 in that series. CU owned UUtahhh during the last century. Forty eight years ago is ancient history.

Since then, here's what happened:

The University of Utah admitted serial killer Ted Bundy into their law school.
Another Ute alum founded Chuck E. Cheese.
A corrupt Olympic committee lied and bribed their way into hosting the Winter Games, which is the foundation of the modern Ute pride. Without those Olympic games, there would be no BCS bid for Utah. Utah's recent emergence is based on a widescale public fraud.

So Urban Meyer and Whittingham made a little splash in the last few years beating up the likes of Utah State, Wyoming, Nevada. It was impressive enough. So welcome to the big boy table, newbie.

That's about it in the history department, except for Karl Rove and a bunch of families from Barstow who lost there house to foreclosure and decided to move to Salt Lake.

We'll see who's spirit gets broken when your schedule includes a weekly diet of teams that people actually care about.

So put you dick back in your pants.

All the crap you've spewed about dubyu beating CU is theoretical, kinda like cold fusion. Didn't the utes invent that, too?

Until I see it on the field, I'm simply not buying into your point of view.

I can't wait to see a bunch of white fans waving the banner of a once proud native American tribe. Chief Ouray would weep. At least you have the cultural sensitivity not to harness a Ute and run it around the stadium before each game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, I'm not really feeling this Utah hate either. Maybe after we play them I will feel differently but as of right now its just another name on the schedule. Happy they got into the league though. UCLA is a perfect team to hate. Although my anger towards Slick Rick has subsided, I still think its funny to see him coming to Boulder every other year with his UCLA sweater on. I bet he sure didn't think was a possibility anytime soon. :lol:

Oregon is another team to hate just because of their awful uniforms.

Yeah, I'm not really feeling this Utah hate either. Maybe after we play them I will feel differently but as of right now its just another name on the schedule. Happy they got into the league though. UCLA is a perfect team to hate. Although my anger towards Slick Rick has subsided, I still think its funny to see him coming to Boulder every other year with his UCLA sweater on. I bet he sure didn't think was a possibility anytime soon. :lol:

Oregon is another team to hate just because of their awful uniforms.

I was very happy to see Utah receive an invite as well. That's probably my barrier to hating them at the moment. It's tough to go from rooting for them to get in, to immediate, unconditional hate. Oddly, the BYU posters that have wandered by have been real asshats. Is there anyway to set up a rivalry with them without actually being a member of the Mountain West?

I was very happy to see Utah receive an invite as well. That's probably my barrier to hating them at the moment. It's tough to go from rooting for them to get in, to immediate, unconditional hate. Oddly, the BYU posters that have wandered by have been real asshats. Is there anyway to set up a rivalry with them without actually being a member of the Mountain West?

I don't know if I can switch to hatred that quickly either, but this might help...

aside from the usual "They are a neighboring state and they wear red" agruement doesn't a "u" look suspiciously like an upside down "n"

Last edited:
I don't know if I can switch to hatred that quickly either, but this might help...

aside from the usual "They are a neighboring state and they wear red" agruement doesn't a "u" look suspiciously like an upside down "n"

I guess I'd piss on it if I saw it painted on grass.

Do the women sing that too, or are they too busy tending to the 15 children back at the homestead?

Back