What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#ValentinesDayMassacre Serious Discussion

If Ski comes to play then we do not lose. We are undefeated since he has been here when he shoots over 40%. That being said we need a night from our guys that each one is capable of. XJ can be a force if he attacks the rim. Dre is Dre. The mayor needs to attack the rim also and limit our turnovers. Our team is good. Very good. They just need to play like it. The energy in the building will be similar to CSU and I think our boys will feed off of it in a similar way. Zona does not scare me.

Buffs just opened as 2 point underdogs

Can't remember where I read it, but I'm sure you know how to find it, doesn't CU have about an 8 point home court advantage from oddsmakers? So it we would be around 10 point dogs on neutral court?

Can't remember where I read it, but I'm sure you know how to find it, doesn't CU have about an 8 point home court advantage from oddsmakers? So it we would be around 10 point dogs on neutral court?

Yes, CU has a 7.2 HCA. So probably right around 9 or 10 on a neutral court.

By the numbers, a lot of this game comes down to whether the Buffs are knocking down 3pt shots. Zona's perimeter defense is their weakness. But if we're missing, things get even tougher in the paint against them and long misses lead to run-outs for their fast break.

This is interesting that it is their weakness this year, I hadn't realized teams were shooting the 3 so well against them. Miller's teams have always been in the top 10% in defending the 3, which is very hard to do running the pack line D which inherently leaves guys open beyond the arc and leaves for difficult close outs.

David LaRose, a graduate and current production assistant at Root, just told me on twitter that the team is looking dialed in during practice. Second unit really pushing the ones today. Makes me feel a lot better that Tad apparently has them 100% focused.

David LaRose, a graduate and current production assistant at Root, just told me on twitter that the team is looking dialed in during practice. Second unit really pushing the ones today. Makes me feel a lot better that Tad apparently has them 100% focused.
apparently the 2d team (including our red shirts) has been kicking serious ass lately. That may just be normal. :lol:

apparently the 2d team (including our red shirts) has been kicking serious ass lately. That may just be normal. :lol:
If they have turned up the throttle in practice, that would likely explain the better execution we have seen from the starters the past week or so.

:nod:

Hearing good stuff about our two redshirts.

They need to be good. Everyone does if they want to play. With a bunch of returning starters next year, along with two red shirts, and some talented incoming freshman, there aren't a lot of minutes to go around. It'll be exciting to see how the competition for PT will push our players to excellence.

This is a good point. If CU can get up early and crush them (and then not do what we do best and piss it away), Arizona might just fold. That said, with senior leadership like Lyons and Hill, we need to make sure the stake is in their heart before we celebrate.

Big question is can we deal with UofA's press and traps better than last time? Players need to help out the guy with the ball instead of standing there watching, and no more jump passes. Have the feeling tomorrow will go down to the wire again.

Back