What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Valor Christian kicked out of football league, forced to go indy

What does Valor do that is so bad other than kicking everyone's asses and wanting to be great in sports?

Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes for a bunch of failing public schools that suck.

What does Valor do that is so bad other than kicking everyone's asses and wanting to be great in sports?

Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes for a bunch of failing public schools that suck.

Those public schools should just stop bitching and spend a lot more money to compete!

holy ****...your pessimism has always annoyed the **** out of me, but this general statement hints at larger ignorant thoughts about public schooling in this country that really aggravates me. Athletics is just a sign of how messed up academics in this country is...but that gets all political, which is something I try hard to stay away from in this type of forum.

Maybe not all public schools should offer every sport in their schools if they can't compete in certain ones.

The mission is to have as many opportunities as possible for students to participate in extracurricular activities, including athletics. This is about educating our children, not out-competing the Broncos for Denver metro entertainment dollars.

I can see Valor from my backyard and the guy who set up the financials and is the head of the school was my neighbor. He flat out stated that they would spend every dime they had to to hire the best money could buy to dominate in athletics. They only have like 750 students at the school and it is basically run by Cherry Hills Church which has around 5000 members. While I am sure that the education if fine at the school, their priorities are a little more than skewed. I am not a big fan as they do not play by the same rules as public schools much the same way that Regis and Mullen do not. I will admit that I am happy when a public school beats any of those schools.

I read both articles and still wonder what the arguments were. Basically no reason except a vague reference to trust in the linked article, and in the article linked within re: other sports more vague references to transparency and public vs private attracting kids. So why was this action really taken?

I read both articles and still wonder what the arguments were. Basically no reason except a vague reference to trust in the linked article, and in the article linked within re: other sports more vague references to transparency and public vs private attracting kids. So why was this action really taken?

IIRC, there was a big DenverPost article during "Prep Week" that talked about Valor. I also believe it was pretty balanced, but at any rate, it referred to 9 violations of CHSAA rules (mostly towards recruiting), something like 5 out of those were major infractions and they had been put on repeated and consistent probation.

There were even whispers that Valor was recruiting at athletic events, such as track meets. Frankly, if someone was competing against me and showing a blatant disregard for the rules, I would probably look for a mechanism to remove them from the competition.

Assholes! Valor =

images

I can see Valor from my backyard and the guy who set up the financials and is the head of the school was my neighbor. He flat out stated that they would spend every dime they had to to hire the best money could buy to dominate in athletics. They only have like 750 students at the school and it is basically run by Cherry Hills Church which has around 5000 members. While I am sure that the education if fine at the school, their priorities are a little more than skewed. I am not a big fan as they do not play by the same rules as public schools much the same way that Regis and Mullen do not. I will admit that I am happy when a public school beats any of those schools.

Yep, it's the school that Phil built.

Back