1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very interesting comments by unknown player on team...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffsyko, Nov 8, 2010.

1. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_16559618#ixzz14lV9J0Evhttp://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_16559618

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2010
  2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

buffsyko link FAIL.

3. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Was just going to post this. All year they said that the players voted on and wanted to remove the names off the backs. Now coming out that it was the coaches and the players were against it.

What do you bet the early morning practices were the coach's idea too? That was said to be requested by the players so they could take certain classes.

Will be very interesting to see what else comes out now.

4. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

It appears the names will be back on the jerseys.

5. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Haha, would love to see them, erm uh, hear about them on Satruday.

6. Darth Snow

I remember boise st players saying the EXACT same thing when hawk left. Interesting. :cry:

7. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Seriously I hate Hawk as our coach but the players are complaining about names being on their back? Seriously? These players are really soft mentally if they are worried about stupid things like that.

8. jrod212

jrod212 Member

i would say that is jimmy smith just a guess

9. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Check this out.
    any guess to which former player said this?

10. MrFrumpylane

MrFrumpylane Well-Known Member

Jimmy, I don't think the point is that they are pissed that they didn't have the names on their jerseys, they are pissed because the coaches didn't listen to them and fabricated lies.

11. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I am guessing that wasn't the main bitch, more like things that just came out during a discussion about some of the problems when the player was asked repeatedly.

12. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

I don't know, if I was an 18 year old recruit I would get excited to see my name on a jersey of a BCS school. Obviously not the biggest matter of course, but when you hear stories of kids loving Oregon's unis, it's something to consider.

Personally I want the names back since I suffer from CRS.

13. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

sorry, seems others see it.

14. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Sounds like Alex Ligon to me....

15. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Get this straight. They are not complaining about the names on the jerseys: THEY ARE COMPLAINING BECAUSE THE COACH SAID IT WAS THEIR IDEA. And it wasn't. So then they have to answer questions about "why'd you guys vote on that?" when they had nothing to do with it.

Players had to explain why they "asked" to be moved to a new position, when they didn't ask, when they had fire and wanted to compete.
    Players had to agree they were "injured" when they were fine.
    Players had to say things like (cough cough) "I want to redshirt my second year. I LIKE sitting on the bench or holding a clipboard."

Get it now?
    It's not the jerseys, it's being told it was YOUR idea when it wasn't. It's being forced to either lie or to contradict your head coach. Bad spot.

16. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

chatter like this serves no useful purpose, and has a negative effect on team unity. that unity is something they need to hang onto for the rest of the year.

i don't like it.

17. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

So will there be names on the jerseys this weekend?

18. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I am glad the dead weight of DII was lifted off these players shoulders. There isn't much more the play for this season than pride (and a remote possibility of a bowl berth). I am hoping they go out there play and just forget all the BS DII taught them and all the BS surrounding his termination.

Go Buffs!

19. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

Alferd, I think you have an excellent grasp of how this program was handled from the top for the past 5 years. If you ask me I don't think anything happened without a certain person coming up with the idea for it, or having his OK for it to be done. And by anything I mean everything. And the results from implementing those ideas or putting his OK on those ideas speak for themselves. 19-39 that started with Montana State and ended with a blown 28 point lead in the 4th quarter against a poor team.

20. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Those are very intelligent comments for a college-aged kid.

Also, players will NEVER vote for having no names on the jerseys. Every player wants to see his name in lights, on TV, etc. Those are always coaches decisions.

21. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I disagree. I think the players need to exhale and celebrate just like the rest of us do. They've been dealing with this doucherocket for the last five years. A lot of them probably feel like they've had their football careers jeopardized by his incompetence. I get the sense that there is a very small (read: one) group of players who is upset about this. If anything, I think team unity will be galvanized now.

22. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

the players "exhaling a sigh of relief" via the public media outlets is inappropriate, imho.

23. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Wow is it possible that Bohn knew this was going on or is he that clueless whats going on on the football team?

24. CUBuff98

CUBuff98 Club Member Club Member

^^^ This really is true. In the "big picture" it is a relatively minor detail. However, if you played DI ball in college you know it matters and is indeed important to the young men.

25. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

He manages the entire athletic department and fund raises at the same time. I think he was hoping that the manager of the football team could handle his own business.

By all accounts he had taken the pulse of the team after last year's debacle, but was shot down by the higher ups. I guess it just took a while to get everyone on board for this thing. I am with you that I wish it had been quicker.

26. Darth Snow

I vote for lockridge.

27. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

A certain former Buff I know told me yesterday that he thinks the problem is that this team has never practiced until it hurt so bad that you thought you were going to drop or to the point of where playing a game is easier. I can assure you that when I visited practices as a player parent that the rest of you guys could not go to under GB the practices looked brutal except when Katie was kicking. It is only when a player understands that the only place he can improve himself is in practice is when they get better as players. Apparently the coaching staff in Boulder has yet to figure that one out. There comes a time and we hit that several years ago when the only thing you can do to change the culture of losing is change the culture the team. This team has learned to lose.

28. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

If I am the AD I am always keeping a close eye on the keystone sports team even more so when that managers is getting such poor results. The concerns of the AD at Colorado until this thing is turned around should be football, football, football. A successful football team makes the rest of the job so much easier.