What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Vic Lombardi: Board of Regents meeting today to add an "Athletic Council"

Basically not much of substance was discussed and any action is postponed to a later date. They were talking about creating some sort of council to liason between the AD and the regents. No mention of coaching changes.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_16102845

I actually take this as a very good sign. Maybe the regents are FINALLY starting to pay attention to the fact that the bulk of the emails they are probably receiving from the public are related to the state of the football program and AD...even better if it has finally dawned on them that a successful AD is tied to more $$$ in general for the university and stronger brand. Just as long as they let the people they pick to run the AD do their jobs and don't try to micromanage things.

Last edited:
Huh. Reconvening in November? Want to bet it happens within a week of the day after thanksgiving? More credence to the idea that hawk is lasting the season. :doh:

Just as long as they let the people they pick to run the AD do their jobs and not try to micromanage things.

I don't worry about that at all. These are politicians we're talking about. This gives them an extra layer of political cover while telling the public that they have proactively addressed the need for improved athletic performance at CU through this new Athletics Council. I expect them to rubber stamp anything the AC recommends... then take full credit whenever things go well while assigning all blame when they don't. There won't be micromanagement, though.

Please, no more lame ducks.
mike-bellotti-steps-down-as-oregon-coach-200.jpg

Last edited:
There is a camera story indicating the regents postponed today's vote because they didn't want it to appear as if they were headhunting.

Huh. Reconvening in November? Want to bet it happens within a week of the day after thanksgiving? More credence to the idea that hawk is lasting the season. :doh:

That is just the next "scheduled" meeting. They could call an emergency meeting for Monday afternoon if things go really bad in Boulder on Saturday.

In all seriousness, I would love to participate in something like this and believe I am well-qualified due to my history with the program and my professional history. I think I could bring a lot to the table. Of course, they would have to develop more of a tolerance for physical violence (just kidding).

i feel kinda let down. i always envisioned you walking into the locker room and holding your thumb and index finger a quarter of an inch apart and all the players begin choaking like you were darth vader or something. oh well...

Back