What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Vic Lombardi just called into the Nate Kreckman show ripping him on his CU stance.

There is one major flaw in your argument. It assumes that some definable and defensible criteria is being used by the selection committee. But since the selection criteria has not defined the criteria, there is no real way to know what thing or things were needed for CU to be extended an invite. Any "what if" situation relating to USF, Harvard, ISU, A&M, Neb, Ou, Baylor, or OOC SOS is pure speculation.

My point is simply that if we had won more games we would have been in. Even though we should have been, losing 13 games put the committee in a position to leave us out. But, as you say there is no way to know for sure exactly what we would have had to have done to get in. Seems extremely far fetched to assume that 2 more wins would not have got the job done.

This is just like the ref debate in a close game. People love to say, if you lost due to a bad call, that it was still your fault because you should have made it impossible for the ref to **** you. However, there is ****ing and then there is ****ing. And according to the experts, CU had made it pretty goddamn hard to get ****ed like that. Unfortunately, hell hath no wrath like a [strike]woman[/strike] Beebe spurned.

stop assuming we would get in if we had won two more games. Where is the assume police? oh wait that is you.

Im making hypothetical assumptions after the fact. Eveyone else was doing it before the field was even announced.

I was at that Baylor game and it was miserable - blowing such a big lead by really bad sloppy play. If any of the selection committee saw that game I almost can't blame them.

Actually I still can, we got hosed.

How do you know? Saying 1 or 2 more wins means Colorado is a lock is foolish. EVERYBODY was saying Colorado was already a lock, and was even off of the bubble. Your argument holds no water. There is no way to know what the tipping point was.

Beat USF and Iowa State like they should have, and it's hard to believe they'd have been left out. Harvard and OU become the bad losses, and Harvard finished with an RPI in the 30's. Makes it 9-7 in the Big 12 and 21-10 overall to finish the season. Unfortunately those two losses gave the committee just enough to keep them out, no matter how bull**** it is.

Im making hypothetical assumptions after the fact. Eveyone else was doing it before the field was even announced.

there is the assume police. Guys it is safe to make assumptions again, we were just doing it too soon.

When Krackhead was turning the show over to CJ and JK, CJ said, "Hey, Sandy." Pretty funny.

I used to like Kreckman when he did his show with JK. But now he's decided he wants to create some personna by ripping CU fans. He is, no doubt, hoping for calls from CU fans wanting to pick a fight. This is the cheapest kind of "journalism" there is. I'm just not going to listen anymore. I'll wait until 12 to go to lunch.

I used to like Kreckman when he did his show with JK. But now he's decided he wants to create some personna by ripping CU fans.

it's a time proven Denver sports radio formula. sadly.

Mick Ronson: sports radio free for 5 years.

it's a time proven Denver sports radio formula. sadly.

Mick Ronson: sports radio free for 5 years.

+1 I've been gradually wheening off sports radio over the past 6 months or so and I think once our Bball season is officially over I will be sports talk free. The Pac 12 move is a great excuse living here in Austin where the only topic is UT/OU/Aggie.

Our non-conference schedule cost us, although that doesn't make a whole lot of sense given our conference was strong. In comparing our non-conference schedule to Clemson's theirs doesn't look a whole lot better - they lost to Michigan, we lost to UGA, and those are pretty comparable. They lost to South Carolina, we lost to Harvard, who is better. They're lacking any signature wins and they have 3 nice wins over FSU, VT, and BC, that's it.

And name recognition in basketball cost us, as unfair as that is. That was also the case back in '97 when we were a 9-seed despite being ranked for much of the season.

I didn't hear this broadcast, but from the recaps Kreckman is now on my no listen list. ***hole!

My point is simply that if we had won more games we would have been in. Even though we should have been, losing 13 games put the committee in a position to leave us out.

Not when 5 at-large bids went to 14 loss teams...last I checked, 14 is one more than 13...

During FB season, I listen to Klatt and CJ, IMO they are pretty good. The rest of radio talk is a wasteland....

Back