What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Vikings RB Albert Young confirms EB as OC

good news. i still wish EB was named headcoach instead of embree though. it seems like EB is more highly regarded by other coaches

Since I got called out for "name dropping" I wont say who, but someone I know who attended said that Embree got a lot of praise from former players at the former players meeting with Bohn last week. Also Mike Shannahan, Bill McCartney, Daniel Graham, and Justin Bannon have had very high words for Embree.

This is cool. I'm okay with Embree as the coach now since EB is coming along.

The first piece of a quality staff is in place. Lets hope some of the other big names on the rumored list are coming too. If so, it will make it a whole lot easier for Embree.

I have some optimism with this. It will be interesting to see what EB does as OC. Embree seems like he is better in an managment role. Let EB do his thing with the offense, Cabral go with it at defense. EB might actually be better suited to fire up and run the OC more so than doing the duties of HC, we know Cabral can produce some good defensive players. Maybe these three combined will be a good mix, and might be able to actually recruit some talent. We might get some damn passion back on the field!

The concern some had with EB as OC is that he will likely be in the box, where his energy will be neutralized to some degree.

It's not a concern I have, but it was a concern some others had expressed when the discussion was Mac with EB as OC.

EB's like Batman. He texts the post "I'll be there soon". Hope they can fix what Hawk burnt to the ground.

So what makes Bieniemy a good OC?

an honest person will say....

we dont know. he seems to have potential. that is what we are banking on. it may work out. it may not. we will know in a few years.

the choice has been made. being mad at it wont change it.

so, the options are....

hate it and be spiteful

or

hate it and hope for the best

Oh I don't hate it. I'm ecstatic he is on the staff. But we seem to have had crap OC's for the last decade... in our minds atleast. Jw how he will be at calling plays for a 1st time

we're going to win. this is a damned good staff in the works. if they work together well and in a collaborative way, we are going to win. walt harris and greg brown are solid, old school Xs and Os guys who have called playes and have seen it all. we've got some lights-out recruiters coming in too. this is a very, very well designed staff. marshall at ol coach is a huge upgrade. tui ought to be able bring some west coast beef in, especially on the dl, and kennedy gives us a texas recruiter and a guy who has coached some really great wideouts. ambrose has proved he has potential as a recruiter and he'll be solid on the dbs.

if cabral leaves, he'll be very hard to replace, but biekert is a good bet and one i would make--- he's cerebral and tough.

So what makes Bieniemy a good OC?

Not thrilled that we didn't give EB a shot at HC, with an experienced OC under him. Although it will be interesting to watch the run offense that he installs. No more chuck and duck. Simply put - I'm just glad that he's coming back to Boulder. Beggars can't be choosers.

Scooter goes down with the ship.

Vikes are out of the playoffs, lost their head coach and facing a lock out next year. If not legally obligated, why would EB give them the last few weeks of his time that are very important to the college recruiting cycle and they mean crap to the Vikings? Get on a plane, get on the phone, get on the recruits. Ya think the top running backs don't want to talk to AP's former coach?

I peed my pants when I heard he was on board. Been waiting for that.

Vikes are out of the playoffs, lost their head coach and facing a lock out next year. If not legally obligated, why would EB give them the last few weeks of his time that are very important to the college recruiting cycle and they mean crap to the Vikings? Get on a plane, get on the phone, get on the recruits. Ya think the top running backs don't want to talk to AP's former coach?

I peed my pants when I heard he was on board. Been waiting for that.

1. He probably is contractually obligated
2. He's finishing the job he was hired for. Exactly what we'd want him to do for us if the tables were turned. In fact, I'd have a lot less respect for him if he walked away mid-season just because things weren't going well. We're lucky that Shanny is giving Embree permission to do that, but if the Vikings aren't doing that for EB, he is doing the right thing by honoring his contract.

Back