What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Volleyball at #1 Stanford- tonight at 8:00

No idea exact score. Media timeout, so Stanford must have 15. (Live stats behind, and video has no commentators or visible score.)

I think live stats are current- 18-15 Stanford. (On a 2-3 point run. Was 15-14 at media timeout)

Believe it's 22-16 Stanford. TO Buffs. Buff's lost it late this set. Of course, Stanford also being Stanford, digging almost everything and largely confusing the Buffs so they only have single blockers on most attacks.

Stanford with set 1 25-17

Edit- Stanford hit .406 the 1st set. Ouch.

Last edited:
This broadcast is unbearable. It camera shot is a horrible angle and that damn announcer is screaming the whole time. Hard to watch.

This broadcast is unbearable. It camera shot is a horrible angle and that damn announcer is screaming the whole time. Hard to watch.

Yeah- you'd think with their endowment(s) they'd have the best video, and maybe even splurge on a student announcer or something.

At least they put the score up this game. The first game I had no clue what the score was lol

12-10 Stanford. TO Buffs. Stanford looking great. The Buffs look to be pretty aggressive with their serving, but are causing no issues to the Trees defense. There are long stretches of side out play, but it just puts too much pressure on the Buff's serve receive if they aren't getting any points on their own serve.

Obviously, this set is still anyone's game. Go Buffs!

And, suddenly it's 18-11 Stanford. One of their players went on an ~5 point run. Great rally just now, but Stanford got the point.

Good lord- Buff's got a point, but their libero was able to make a great kick to get the ball over the net to keep the point alive.

23-14 Trees

Trees get set 2 25-18. Although it's hard to tell from the camera angle, can't say much bad about the Buffs- the Tree's defense just looking overwhelming tonight SO FAR.

Come back in set 3 Buffs!

Looking at the stats through 2 sets-

1) Our middles (and or the sets to them) are having a TOUGH night. Middles typically have the highest hitting %'s. Ours are a combined -.153, with 1 kill and 3 errors on 13 attempts. (Stanford does have some GREAT middles themselves I'm sure helping cause the Buffs' problems.) Other than the middles, the Buff's are actually hitting for a good overall % considering how good a defensive team Stanford is.

2) One BIG bright spot for future matches I've noticed the last few matches- G. Simpson seems to be getting more and more comfortable in her hitting. (7 kills and .333 so far tonight.) Although its not causing Stanford much problems (nothing seems to so far tonight), her jump serve has also been going in most of the time the last two matches, and I think will cause most teams problems.

Last edited:
Now it's REALLY ugly. Bad communication error by the Buffs- 11-1 Trees

Edit- now 12-1. Last TO by the Buffs

Character time Buffs- fight to the end.

Last edited:
Communicate Buffs. One of them hit a relatively slow ball that was 5 feet out- I assume because her teammates didn't yell anything.

16-5

Last edited:
25-13

Well, one of those matches where you (1) tip your cap to the opponent and (2) understand a loss is a loss, whether a blow out or a 15-13 5th set.

Get ready for OSU and Utah Buffs- go for the 12 conference win season, and get momentum back for the NCAA's.

Looking at the stats through 2 sets-

2) One BIG bright spot for future matches I've noticed the last few matches- G. Simpson seems to be getting more and more comfortable in her hitting. (7 kills and .333 so far tonight.) Although its not causing Stanford much problems (nothing seems to so far tonight), her jump serve has also been going in most of the time the last two matches, and I think will cause most teams problems.

I apologize to Ms. G. Simpson, as I obviously jinxed her, as she got no kills in set 3, and ended up hitting .188 (although that was still the highest % of any Buff).

Overall, the Buffs outhit by an astounding .353 to .086. As an understated announcer might phrase it "You won't win many matches (As in, never in a thousand years) being outhit like that."

Edit- Again, do want to note the Stanford defense was AWESOME tonight, and I think every team in the country would have had issues with them.

Last edited:
Back