What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Volleyball at #3 Washington

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
The Buffs Volleyball Team (15-6, 7-4) will travel to face #3 Washington (18-1, 10-1) today at 4pm. The Buffs are coming off of a big 5 set comeback win against WSU and currently hold a 4 match winning streak, while UW has an 8 match winning streak and their only loss was to the Buffs in Boulder. The match will be televised by the Pac-12 Network and is available online for subscribers. Here is a preview from a few days ago by cubuffs.com:
Washington is currently ranked third in the AVCA Division I Coaches Poll with a 17-1 overall record. The Huskies are also on top of the Pac-12 standings with a 9-1 record; their sole loss coming at the hands of the Buffs on Oct. 4 in Boulder.

Krista Vansant is averaging 4.06 kills per set this season, fourth in the Pac-12. Kaleigh Nelson ranks second on the team with 2.73 kills per set. UW has been going with a 6-2 system, using the services of Jenni Nogueras and Katy Beals. Nogueras has handed out 6.37 assists per set and Beals adds 5.27 assists per set. The Huskies are attacking at .292. Melanie Wade ranks seventh in the league with a .370 hitting percentage and Lianna Sybeldon is attacking at a .361 clip, which is ninth in the Pac-12.

The Huskies lead the Pac-12 with 1.51 service aces per set and have four individuals ranked in the top four. Cassie Stickland is second with 0.40 service aces per set, Jenni Orlandini ranks fourth (0.35), Nogueras is eighth (0.31) and Vansant ranks ninth (0.31).

Orlandini is leading the way in the back row for UW with 4.02 digs per set (seventh in the league). Strickland is second on the squad with 2.56 digs per set and Vansant adds 2.48 digs per set. Lianna Sybeldon leads the Huskies at the net with 1.21 blocks per set, which is tied for fifth in the Pac-12, and Melanie Wade adds 1.08 blocks per set.

Washington owns a 6-2 record against the Buffs. CU shocked the Huskies earlier this year when it handed UW its first loss of the season at the Coors Events Center. The Buffs won the match 3-1.

Pac-12 Networks

Is anybody watching this? As already chronicled on Allbuffs, in 14 different threads, I can't get Pac 12 Network. I don't see any live stats.

Help?

Ouch. Dropped the first set 18-25, with Washington wrapping it up with four straight.

Apparently the Huskies are out to avenge their only loss in dramatic fashion...4-16 in the second set

15-25 for the second is what my live stats are showing. Looks like we dropped the first two. I'll be surprised if the Huskies are as accommodating as the Cougs for a three set comeback.

Back