What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Volleyball pre-season poll & all pac-12 team

6th in the Pac 12 has gotta be like 3rd or 4th in just about any other league. The volleyball team really looks to be on the upswing.

6th in the Pac 12 is definitely much higher in most conference.

Can't believe they don't know what year Alexis is!

I just bought tickets for the NCAA Regional to be held in Des Moines. Get the job done and get in the correct regional!

By the end of the season, I'd bet that Gabby Simpson,Cierra Simpson,and Alexis could all be 1st team pac 12.

The Pre-season (Coaches (AVCA)) Top 25 poll is out, and the Buffs are at #24 (after ending last year at #21). ( http://www.avca.org/divisions/division-one-women/poll-8-12-2015/ )

As with all sports, I don't think these polls are worth much of anything as to actually predicting anything for the coming season, but I think it is good as far as showing the Buff program is getting respect.

Overall, I'm counting 9 of the Pac 12 in the Top 25, with Oregon State also listed as receiving votes. (Cal and Washington State are the only Pac teams not somewhere in the poll, and they should both be improved this year.)

Even with all the ranked Pac teams, looks like the Big 10 is perceived to be the stronger conference this year near the top, as they have 4 in the Top 8 vs. 2 in the Top 10 for the Pac 12 (Stanford #2 and Washington #10). The Big 10 depth isn't perceived as strong as the Pac, however, as they "only" have 6 teams in the Top 25. (They do have another 3 teams "Receiving votes", however, so maybe not that big of a difference with the Pac.)

Last edited:
Back