1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volleyball vs Oakland Game Thread

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by cmgoods, Sep 6, 2013.

1. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

The Buffs are back in action later on today when they face the Oakland University Golden Grizzlies at 3pm MT for their 2nd match of the Candlewood Suites Invitational in Syracuse. I won't be around for play-by-play but I'll post any info that I find.

Tournament Central
    Live Stats

2. cmgoods

Oakland is 1-2 on the year with a 4 set win against Central Michigan and a 4 set loss to Villanova before getting swept by Oregon State. They finished last season with a 9-7 conference record, 16-13 overall which was good enough for 4th place in the Summit League. They lost to 2nd seed Fort Wayne St in the conference tournament ending their season. This season is their first in the Horizon League.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Buffs defeated Oakland 3-0 (25-22, 25-16, 24-22) to improve to 3-1 on the season.

Taylor Simpson led the team with 19 points, including 17 kills.

:gobuffs:

4. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

CU just completed a 3 game sweep of Oakland. Game scores were 25-22, 25-16, 25-22. Coaches played the A Team in this match .... Edelman, Schroeder, T Simpson, C Simpson, Lindow, English, Austin with various situational subs. Basically the same group that beat St Mary's last Saturday at Coors. For the last few points in game 2, the freshman setter Mikayla Lundin was in. I'm guessing the coaches felt comfortable with the lead and wanted to give her some playing time with the A Team hitters and again give her the experience of closing out a game. Based on last seasons results and results so far this season, Oakland is likely the strongest of the 4 teams the Buffs will be playing this weekend. Oakland played Rutgers earlier today and won in 4. Syracuse and Stony Brook have also played today with Stony Brook winning 15-13 in the fifth. Rutgers and Syracuse are the two teams the Buffs play tomorrow.

5. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

**** the raiders... wait wrong thread

6. cmgoods

We should definitely have no problem sweeping the tournament.