What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Volleyball vs. Washington

This has been an amazing couple of years for volleyball. Kritza has me believing.

She has me believing also. Couldn't look here as I was late watching the match and I wanted it to be a surprise.

So proud of this team. The freshmen are playing fantastic!

They better not let down against Washington State because I will be there in person to see them play!

:gobuffs:

She has me believing also. Couldn't look here as I was late watching the match and I wanted it to be a surprise.

So proud of this team. The freshmen are playing fantastic!

They better not let down against Washington State because I will be there in person to see them play!

:gobuffs:

Wazzu is playing pretty tough at Utah. Let's hope that goes 5.

:woot::woot::woot: That's one "woot" for each set the Buffs won tonight. That was a fantastic match to watch. After Washington dominated in set 3, I had flashbacks of the 5 set loss to Stanford a few weeks ago after the Buffs rolled through sets 1 and 2 against the Card. But the fight in this team tonight was terrific. They grabbed the lead in set 5 and kept fighting. One interesting thing ... the final scene in the video they play right before the Buffs starters are introduced shows the team mob scene when the Buffs knocked off the Huskies last season. Now they have another mob scene that they can show. Joslyn Hayes, who has been out injured for much of the season, was the most excited player in the huddle after the final kill.

All in all, very thankful the WSU match is Sunday, especially for T. Simpson. What an incredible performance, but after 67 kill attempts and everything else she did (29 kills, led team with 22 digs), she (and ALL the Buffs who took it to the limit) must be exhausted (albeit I trust a euphoric exhaustion).

Per the cubuffs.com article, multiple personal bests for various Buffs:

- T. Simpson's 29 kills and 22 digs both tied her career bests.
- A. Pfefferle led the team in blocks with 11, a career best.
- N. Ortiz Ruiz also set her block mark at 8, and her many blocks late were probably a/ the key to the set 5 result.
- N. Edelman set her dig mark at 19.

Also, looks like there are multiple videos available at http://www.cubuffs.com/mediaPortal/...ID=256&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&&db_oem_id=600 , namely:

1) Pac 12 network recap,
2) Press conference (with Coach Kritza, T. Simpson and N. Ortiz Ruiz),
3) Match highlights and
4) Match point replay

Last edited:
All in all, very thankful the WSU match is Sunday, especially for T. Simpson. What an incredible performance, but after 67 kill attempts and everything else she did (29 kills, led team with 22 digs), she (and ALL the Buffs who took it to the limit) must be exhausted (albeit I trust a euphoric exhaustion).

Per the cubuffs.com article, multiple personal bests for various Buffs:

- T. Simpson's 29 kills and 22 digs both tied her career bests.
- A. Pfefferle led the team in blocks with 11, a career best.
- N. Ortiz Ruiz also set her block mark at 8, and her many blocks late were probably a/ the key to the set 5 result.
- N. Edelman set her dig mark at 19.

Also, looks like there are multiple videos available at http://www.cubuffs.com/mediaPortal/...ID=256&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600&&db_oem_id=600 , namely:

1) Pac 12 network recap,
2) Press conference (with Coach Kritza, T. Simpson and N. Ortiz Ruiz),
3) Match highlights and
4) Match point replay

Thanks for the info and links ... rep. :thumbsup:

I think I have a harder time watching a close Buffs VB match than I do even a Buffs football or basketball game (guess we'll see about the latter tomorrow). Maybe it's the speed of the game, i.e., how fast the ball moves, and/or the fact that I played the game (at a very amateur municipal league level, but I didn't suck) and I know the kind of instantaneous reactions it takes. In short, I was suffering down the stretch of the 5th set tonight. Ecstatic that they pulled it out!

Back