What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

VT-Meatchicken

Why isn't that a false start on the Michigan kicker? He started forward before the snap.

what the **** are u talking about?
You are changing the argument in order to avoid conceding a point. You made a point, I refuted it. You responded by ignoring my counter-argument and instead changed the debate by going on the offense and bringing up new points about why college football OT is bad/stupid/lame. So, can we agree your "first mistake loses the game" is really stupid when the only other viable alternative, NFL OT, is sudden death?

I call bull****.

The CFB OT rules are inestimably superior to the NFL ones.

I do think they should move the starting position to the 35 or 40 ... with the kickers CFB has today a team doesn't even have to get one first down to be in FG position.

Its superior but you already admit they should move the starting position. Basically you have to gimmick up your gimmick more. Yeah that's superior

You are changing the argument in order to avoid conceding a point. You made a point, I refuted it. You responded by ignoring my counter-argument and instead changed the debate by going on the offense and bringing up new points about why college football OT is bad/stupid/lame. So, can we agree your "first mistake loses the game" is really stupid when the only other viable alternative, NFL OT, is sudden death?

First mistake usually loses thee game in OT. So no, its not stupid. Happened in the Fiesta Bowl and now happened in the SUgar Bowl.

Field position, return game is completely taken out of the college OT (hell even offense is taken out of it since u can move the ball 2 feet and still kick a FG). Last I looked that's important part of football

Its superior but you already admit they should move the starting position. Basically you have to gimmick up your gimmick more. Yeah that's superior

What does SuperiorBuff have to do with this?

First mistake usually loses thee game in OT. So no, its not stupid. Happened in the Fiesta Bowl and now happened in the SUgar Bowl.

Field position, return game is completely taken out of the college OT (hell even offense is taken out of it since u can move the ball 2 feet and still kick a FG). Last I looked that's important part of football
So, your argument regarding first mistake is that the first mistake only loses games in College, where the other team must ALWAYS score to win unless the first team on O really ****s up and allows a return of a turnover for a TD? Do you really think that is a good argument when the NFL OT is sudden death, except in certain circumstances in the playoffs?

"This One On Beamer - Fire Frank"

"At this point, apathy has replaced being upset with losses"

"Future Bright? Bud Foster must finally be going somewhere"

"The game has passed Beamer by, time for a change"

"Beamer is rich, why does he want to do this anymore?"

"Now we get to listen to Beamer bull**** his way out of another loss"

"Worst coached game I've ever seen in 30 + years of Hokie football"

"Beamer built this program but his time has come"

"Frank, get yourself to the Greyhound station"

Last edited:
I love college football and would much rather watch these games than pro games.

That said the OT needs to be changed. The only thing that college OT has over pro OT is both teams get the ball.

Other than that they play 60 minutes and then completely change the rules. You take kickoff and punt returners completely out of the game, you take the ability to move or change field position out of the game, you take away the advantage of having a long FG kicker (like a Crosby) and minimize the impact of guys who are deep threat recievers.

In short you play 4 quarters of one game and then play sudden death of a completely different game, makes no sense to me and takes away from the validity of the result.

So, your argument regarding first mistake is that the first mistake only loses games in College, where the other team must ALWAYS score to win unless the first team on O really ****s up and allows a return of a turnover for a TD? Do you really think that is a good argument when the NFL OT is sudden death, except in certain circumstances in the playoffs?

Last I looked NFL OT is played exactly how football is played for the first 4 quarters. I have no problem if the other team doesn't get the ball on offense and loses in OT since they had 60 minutes to win the game. Field position/return game should never be taken out of the game of football in order to decide the game. College OT does just that.

College OT is usually decided by first mistake (usually a missed kick). You can still win a game in the NFL OT with a miss kick by playing tough defense and forcing a punt. In college OT the other team is already in FG range. Its ridiculous.

Worst part about tonight's game? Brad Nessler calling West Virginia "the other team in the state".

Really? He actually said that? :wow:

Guess knowledge of geography isn't a prerequisite for being a CFB announcer.

Forgot this game was even happening. But then, I only watched the two bowl games on Monday start to finish (w/Oregon and Stanford). Honestly not very interested in watching the remaining games, either, although I'll prob tune in to the MNC at least as background noise.

Back