1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wake Me When this Nightmare is Over....and Order is Restored in Boulder

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

What a disaster. All the news is bad. To go from the pre-season promise, to where we sit today, it is unbelievable. I will always be a huge Buff supporter (including financial, although not in the PB realm), but I have hit my limit. After Wyoming spanks us on Saturday, it will be interesting to see what Bohn does. As I have said since Friday night, he needs to quickly pull the trigger and can Hawk, even if it is $3M. The longer he waits, the worse it will be for the entire athletic dept.

So much for paying our dues the last 3 years....start the clock over.

[By the way, I am typically an optimist....]

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I think Hawk is going to get another year regardless of what happens on the field. I've felt that since the CSU game and nothing has changed my opinion. They will not pay another coach 3.4 million to not coach at CU.. Not going to happen. Plus Bohn isn't going to admit that the extension was wrong one year later.

Now, you might get your wish(or wake up) in 2010. :smile:

3. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

I think this thing could snowball fast. If we lose to Wyoming, then get torched by WVA and UT, Bohn will be under immense pressure. Hawk would be removed in that scenario.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I would have your back if we don't win a game. It's not that far fetched either. If we lose to WYO, we might be done. Barring a miracle.

Wyo Buff likes this.
  5. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

That's what I'm feeling right now, too.

I will say I'm eternally optimistic about this weekend, but if CU loses this one, then chalk up L's against WVU, UT and KU as well. So at that point the Buffs are 0-6 and the absolute laughing stock amongst major BCS teams. If that happens, I just couldn't see Bohn standing by Hawk at that point, because I think HIS job would be in serious jeopardy.

Maybe Christopher Melloni from Law and Order SVU can pick up part of the Hawk tag. lol

6. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

I will wake you in 2010, the day after thanksgiving.

7. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

We're going to win the wyoming game. I feel it in my heart. It's not going to change the underlying problems but at least for this week we're going to feel better about our program. Moving forward it's going to be a rough season but Coach Mac threw his full support behind hawk so that's good enough for me. What else could I say that hasn't already been said? Go Buffs, beat wyoming.

8. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

We better win big. I'm not saying that will get the heat off, but it would be a good step forward.

9. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I felt like that against Toledo.. Done predicting us to win games anymore.

10. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:

11. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I say we beat WYO, get some time to lick our wounds and gameplan for WVU and beat them...

Can we show up vs TX?

12. Spider

Spider Member

These first two losses this year are not the beginning of CU's coach's problems, that may have been last year's disappointments.

But a loss to Wyoming, in Boulder, would be a sign of something pretty close to a thorough meltdown going on.

That would cause phone calls to the AD from money folks (as if that is not happening already).

A case could be made for this game being Dan's most important game of his career at CU. I am not convinced of that, but it is possible to lean in that direction of thinking and not seem too off-base. I guess I am still impressed with Bohn's remark the other day when he used the phrase, "..I still believe in Dan Hawkins."

13. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

Bold, bold prediction considering our coaches refuse to play our best players when we fall behind and we are incapable of pressuring the QB or even getting off blocks to fill gaps in the running game. We also can't tackle or make plays in the secondary.

If we thought we saw good athletes, good speed and a good QB who can move against Toledo, wait till we go to Morgantown.

We are not a well-coached team. We also don't play our best athletes. Not a good combination and it will lead to a very very poor season.

Hawkins will be gone by the end of the season.

Another thing to think of: We have 0 4 or 5 star recruits interested in us. We have 1 visit scheduled for the entire season(a 2 star DE who has no other offers)!

My only hope is that a new coach can come in after the season, pick up the pieces, convince players to not transfer and start building towards a rough schedule in 2010.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  14. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

"Restoring The Order" a phrase used in Nebraska. Thanks for the compliment, if it is one. I'm not to sure you want to use it though because the jury is still out on "Restoring The Order", and it has been for a long process for Husker fans.

Good luck with it! Your going to need it.

BTW: My wake up call to you will be after recruiting season is over, and if Hawkins is still around I will let the clock run quiet.

15. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

we should have known something was up when it took a goal line stand to beat ISU in Boulder and could only beat a lousy kansas st wildcat team 14-13 last yr

16. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Thanks Spider and Surveyor for being supportive and not trolling during Colorado's down time. Now and when both Nebraska and Colorado were struggling I wanted to see both teams return to the top of the North. I would like to see our conference be competitive. Besides, what is the CU-Neb game without them being the top North teams battling it out at the end of the season. Here's to both teams climbing towards the top. We're going to be a little late, but we'll meet you there. Go Buffs!

17. Spider

Spider Member

You sure are welcome, SkiTownUSA.

And I sure agree about NU and CU rivalry meaning so much more when they're both capable of vying for the North.

18. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

**** it, its thursday. CU is winning saturday and won't look back. I don't believe any of the Mac comparisons anymore, but what is fandom but endless hope? **** THE COWBOYS.

19. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

[​IMG]

NTTATWWT:lol: