1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wake Really Sucks...How Long with Jeff B Last?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Lost to a mediocre Georgia Tech team by 35 points.....

2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

they've lost 7 of their last 8 and the lone win was High Point. Bz succeeded in lowering expectations here....doubt it will fly in the ACC. Dino Gaudio, his two NCAA tournaments in 3 years and top 10 recruiting class, would look pretty good to me.

3. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

Wake was a ****storm in my opinion when Bz got there. He will last at least next year, and I think the team improves next season. That will earn him a third season to either prove his worth or show himself the door. I say he stays three seasons, because it won't be turned around by then. The ACC demands a better recruiter than Bz. He is great at evaluating talent, but he needs help winning kids over.

4. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

CU being off to a hot start should ease some of that heat.

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

What about if we lose our next three games?

6. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Deac fans have extremely (unreasonably) high expectations due to the close proximity of UNC and Duke. That said, they've been a successful program over the years and were skeptical/disappointed by the Bzdelik hire before he even coached a game. They only scored 39 points tonight against a mediocre Georgia Tech squad and have been humiliated like this throughout the season. I don't see how they possibly win more than 3 games in the ACC, and it's probably going to be even worse than that. They're not even close to being competitive. Wake fans expected a down year to be sure, but the fact that it's this bad is pretty shocking/funny. I'm sure Bzdelik will get at least another year, but if next season doesn't show enormous improvement I don't think they will keep him. Duke comes to Winston Salem next...

7. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

Debbie Downer

NashBuff likes this.
  8. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Rep sent.

9. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I have good friend who went to Wake and is a big Wake fan. He was not pleased with the hiring of Bz to begin with and stated he didn't know many at Wake that thought it was a good hire. I spoke with him before conference play and he was willing to give Bz the benefit of the doubt due to the youth on the team. His tone has now changed.

10. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

I've heard the same. Wake's AD turned to Bz because of a close personal friendship; it's not like Bz was a high-profile, surefire coaching prospect. This was right after the controversial firing of Dino Gaudio. Bz showed up with little goodwill on his side, and hasn't done anything to improve the situation. I'm actually thinking that the AD gets canned and Bz is one-and-done, or fires Bz to keep his job.

11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

That definitely sounds like the case:

12. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

Yes...I've never seen a team give up like Wake's team a few years ago (Teague's last year). They were so good for a while and then come tourney time, they played selfish, uninspired, and uncommitted. It was a disgrace to the game and their school. I'm not a Wake fan, but I have no respect for Jeff Teague and his fellow stars on that team for how they represented their school.