What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Walk-On Kickers background

OK, it's time for Davis' sis to chime in and let us know how he's doing.

I didn't say giving Grossnickle a scholarship was a $uckup, but obviously some bad decisions have been made giving scholarships to kickers - most schools have 3. CU could certainly use one of those scholarships at other positions.

We were going to need a punter when DiLallo graduates anyway, there's just one year of overlap, not a bad idea.

Since this is the walk-ons' thread, let's remember that having them on board is a great thing, since it gives the coaches more choices this year. We don't know if any of them can step up and contribute this year or next, but it's always good to have more guys on the depth chart.

I've only heard a the tiniest bit of info on Davis, but it was all positive. He was off crutches, some time back. Not sure if he'll be participating in this week's kicking camp, but if he is, it will tell us how far he's come in rehabbing after surgery.

We were going to need a punter when DiLallo graduates anyway, there's just one year of overlap, not a bad idea.

Since this is the walk-ons' thread, let's remember that having them on board is a great thing, since it gives the coaches more choices this year. We don't know if any of them can step up and contribute this year or next, but it's always good to have more guys on the depth chart.

I've only heard a the tiniest bit of info on Davis, but it was all positive. He was off crutches, some time back. Not sure if he'll be participating in this week's kicking camp, but if he is, it will tell us how far he's come in rehabbing after surgery.

The 4 scholarships for the kickers is a non-issue, if you consider that we only have 78 players on scholarship; even counting the transfers we had a couple of scholarships to spare, and since DiLallo is graduating the 4th scholarship isn't exactly hurting our depth anywhere.

Okay, hypothetical question. Say Goodman reinjures his leg, or misses everything again by 12 inches, and Aweida comes in and makes everything in sight for a few games. Do you reward him with a scholarship?

Grossnickle on scholarship is a no-brainer. Tells Goodman the team means business and he better straighten up those kicks, and if something happens to DiLallo we don't lose Darrell Scott to some freak backup punting injury. What if aggy horse collars DS on a punt rush?

Jameson's sister is actually in College Station on an LDS mission. I know a little about how he is doing though. He had a microfracture procedure to try to get cartilage to regenerate in his knee. THere wasn't alot of cartilage left after 3 or 4 surgeries on that knee. It's a 6 month rehab to try to get as much cartilage as possible. I guess he is feeling very good. He's not supposed to kick until close to Fall camp. I would expect him to kick off better than last year and he is actually a very good punter and should be in the mix this year. I doubt he will kick field goals.

Jameson's sister is actually in College Station on an LDS mission. I know a little about how he is doing though. He had a microfracture procedure to try to get cartilage to regenerate in his knee. THere wasn't alot of cartilage left after 3 or 4 surgeries on that knee. It's a 6 month rehab to try to get as much cartilage as possible. I guess he is feeling very good. He's not supposed to kick until close to Fall camp. I would expect him to kick off better than last year and he is actually a very good punter and should be in the mix this year. I doubt he will kick field goals.

Thanks for the update. Hope he knows we are rooting for his return to the field.

Good luck to her trying to "save" a bunch of aggies!

Man, microfracture surgery sucks. Good luck to him. We are all pulling for him.

New placekicker on CU roster: Marcus Kirkwood

#38 Kirkwood, Marcus PK 6-6 210 So. Arvada, Colo. (Faith Christian / Concordia)

Played soccer and basketball (not football as far as I could determine) at 3A Faith Christian in Colorado. Graduated in spring 2007.

Played club soccer for Boulder Force soccer.

Honorable mention, all-state soccer in 2006.
First team, all-league soccer 2006
Won Colorado 3A state soccer championship in 2006 (scored winning goal in 70th minute.)

Attended Concordia College -Oregon looks like for two years. He may have played soccer there, but I couldn't find any archived rosters.

He must have played some sport at Concordia, otherwise he'd be listed as a freshman due to 4 years of eligibility. Right?

Nope, eligibility begins when you first enroll in a college or university, you then have 5 years to play 4. Doesn't matter if you have participated in any athletic competition.

I went to high school for a year with Aweida. Yes it is the same guy from DU who played soccer. He was named 2-time all american in high school and an amazing soccer player. So to answer all your questions, yes it is the same guy
I agree with you, I also went to same school with him for a year, but before I went to Broomfield, he tutor me in math. He is a great guy and amazing soccer player.

I went to high school for a year with Aweida. Yes it is the same guy from DU who played soccer. He was named 2-time all american in high school and an amazing soccer player. So to answer all your questions, yes it is the same guy

I agree with you, I also went to same school with him for a year, but before I went to Broomfield, he tutor me in math. He is a great guy and amazing soccer player.

Did anyone else notice that it was Aweida who was on the field to take the final Extra Point (which didn't happen as time ran out)? I do not think he has been put into service up until this game.

I wonder if a statement was being made about the kicking spots being open for competition.

Did anyone else notice that it was Aweida who was on the field to take the final Extra Point (which didn't happen as time ran out)? I do not think he has been put into service up until this game.

I wonder if a statement was being made about the kicking spots being open for competition.

Yeah, we were all wondering in chat if he had RS that would be burned. I don't think he did have a RS, but I hope Goodman has kicked his last FG at CU. He's just not getting it done.

On the plus side at least Aweida didn't make the XPA and be awarded a scholarship immediately following it. Bleh. Here's hoping he or Grossnickle make a solid contribution next year.

Yeah, we were all wondering in chat if he had RS that would be burned. I don't think he did have a RS, but I hope Goodman has kicked his last FG at CU. He's just not getting it done.

On the plus side at least Aweida didn't make the XPA and be awarded a scholarship immediately following it. Bleh. Here's hoping he or Grossnickle make a solid contribution next year.

Aweida played two years of college soccer, he doesn't have a redshirt to burn, his clock is already ticking. It's possible he still has three years to play two, but I think he just has two left. He is technically a junior.

Aweida played two years of college soccer, he doesn't have a redshirt to burn, his clock is already ticking. It's possible he still has three years to play two, but I think he just has two left. He is technically a junior.

I may have to adjust eligibility in the 2010 roster thread. That's obviously a fluid thread, though, so no big deal.

Yeah, I notice that, even though I know him, I didn't knew he was on football team and my family always watch cu games, we found out from one of his friends we met where his friend was working. My mom when we heard about him kicking she got excited, but was sad he didn't kick

Cool video

Dude's taking on our "Poster of the Year" in only his third Allbuffs submission.

I like this guy.

Brother, watch and learn.

EDIT: and he edited while I was typing my response...

LOL, sorry but I am a girl

So is BCS, but we still call her a guy. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Do you want to share what was in your original post, so I look like less of an ass?:smile:

Welcome, BTW.

Back