What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wallace First Buff To Qualify For US Women’s Open

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
ATLANTA – There’s not much quite like the life of a Symetra Tour professional.

Former Buff Jess Wallace, in her third year on the tour, knows this all too well. That’s why, after finishing the Friends of Mission Charity Classic in Asheville, N.C., she drove to Atlanta’s Dunwoody Country Club to try and qualify for the 2014 United States Women’s Open. After becoming the first player in program history to successfully qualfy for the Open, she immediately returned to the Tar Heel state for this week’s Symetra Classic in Charlotte.

Qualify she did, and in dramatic fashion. After driving through the night, her 12 hour day began at 8 a.m. in dense fog on a course she’d never seen before and it happened to be the longest course (6,800 yards) she’s ever played.

“It’s a really nice course,” Wallace said. “The longest I’ve ever played. I drove down from Asheville Sunday night, and if it wasn’t for my caddie, Darcy Donaldson, there’s no way I could’ve done it without him, that’s for sure.”

Read more...

Back