1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanna get rid of the BCS?????

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by PhillyBuff, Nov 14, 2010.

1. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

To me, the answer is as simple (well, not so simple...) as this....

Alabama BEATS Auburn and sCam Newton....

Oregon loses to Arizona or Oregon State

Then you have only 2 undefeated teams: TCU and Boise State.

If they both are IN the National Championship game, you will have enough uprising that they do not play a tough schedule so the inclination will be that the ONLY way to rid of these pesky teams is to force them into a playoff....

If they are NOT in.... government gets involved and the BCS will absolutely be declared in violation of anti-trusts laws (which it clearly is anyway).

2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Look, we all want to get rid of him, and also, I'm not sure he deserves a definite article at the beginning of his name.

3. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

:lol: :rofl:

Amen, but never happen :devil:

4. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

ymssr

5. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

You forgot you also need a red-hot omlette pan. That helps get rid of anything that is annoying and is called BCS. Glad to help.

dply likes this.
  6. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

im gonna rep you... i shouldn't because i knew someone was gonna say it... but im still gonna do it

DesertDawg526 likes this.
  7. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

If both TCU and Boise make the MNC game then the BCS system will be 100% defensible to any anti-trust or congressional inquiries, and I don't think there will be as much of a "backlash" from fans of the traditional powers as you think.

The only chance of this season helping to "break the BCS" is if a 1-loss school (or two) jumps TCU and Boise giving the "non-BCS" schools/conferences all the "proof" they need to attack the system.

8. PhillyBuff

Have you heard Nick Saban speak about this? I have.... he hates those teams.

9. ScottyBuff

yeah but he also wouldn't want those teams to be in a playoff either. His bias and those like him are exactly the type that will cause the BCS to get into trouble, or cause problems for the NCAA in remaining "tax exempt"

10. PhillyBuff

I disagree that this won't lead to a playoff.... The Saban's of college football will think.... lets go 8 teams... there is no way they can win 3 in a row against top opponents....

11. ScottyBuff

I think coaches like Saban don't want a playoff at all. They want their history and pre-season hype to get them into the championship game without risking a playoff loss. Better job security with less work for them.

12. DixonU

DixonU Member

I must say at first glance this had the potential of being the single greatest thread in the history of Allbuffs! Then I put my son down and actually read the title...then I began to weep.

Got to be honest, I thought you had created a plan to rid this board of buff4bcs...not get rid of the BCS.

F*^K!

13. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Like herpes, bcs if forever.

14. PhillyBuff

like boosters?