What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Want Beer In Folsom? Sign This Petition!

This thread has been somewhat interesting to follow. Here's my take on beer at college football games, or for that matter any college sporting event. I don't think any alcohol should be provided in the eveent center. Seems to me tailgates are fine and really are just private parties where everyone can decide what they want to eat or drink. College athletics is an amateur event and fans shouldn't need beer sales inside the stadium to have a good time.

Really you shouldn't need to use beer sales as a means for fund raising or a means to get fans in the seats. If the stadium can't be filled with the product on the field, then the product on the field needs improved.

Let the flaming begin!

Edit: FYI, I can drink beer with the best of them.

This thread has been somewhat interesting to follow. Here's my take on beer at college football games, or for that matter any college sporting event. I don't think any alcohol should be provided in the eveent center. Seems to me tailgates are fine and really are just private parties where everyone can decide what they want to eat or drink. College athletics is an amateur event and fans shouldn't need beer sales inside the stadium to have a good time.

Really you shouldn't need to use beer sales as a means for fund raising or a means to get fans in the seats. If the stadium can't be filled with the product on the field, then the product on the field needs improved.

Let the flaming begin!

Troll, you obviously equate bud light lime with "beer." and drinking 4 of those without puking due to the sugar isn't drinking with the best of them.

Let the flaming begin!

I usually get hammered before games and then sneak alcohol into Folsom. Selling beer would just make my life more convenient. Which I'm all for. I'm drinking in the stadium either way, so CU might as well have alcohol sales and make a few bucks off me.

I'm sick of your ****. You followed your standard modus operandi (you might want to Google that phrase as you've probably had a lack of exposure to multi-syllabic words in your CSU education) in this thread:

1. Come into thread about CU
  2. Post hostile comment putting CU down/comparing CU to CSU
  3. Refuse to back up any wild-ass assertions you make with the defense that we should prove your point for you.

I guess you did give a new twist this time: you were openly hostile to an honest question that 'Nik asked you.

I honestly thought it was entertaining to see how badly your arguments could be deflating. Now, I realize it's just annoying because you're too stupid to be argued with. That's probably pretty representative of the CSU fanbase, I'd guess.

This is exactly why I have Gasm on ignore

Let the flaming begin!

Just so everyone knows, Dr. Tom led the charge to ban alcohol from all stadiums in the Big 12. Since every Nub is convinced that Osborn walks on water and that if they live a good life they'll get to visit his house after they die, they are morally obligated to wholeheartedly agree with every position that asshole takes.

I usually get hammered before games and then sneak alcohol into Folsom. Selling beer would just make my life more convenient. Which I'm all for. I'm drinking in the stadium either way, so CU might as well have alcohol sales and make a few bucks off me.

So what's the point of getting hammered for the game?

Getting drunk in large groups of people where you can yell is fun. So is the process of getting hammered with friends and the tailgate

Just so everyone knows, Dr. Tom led the charge to ban alcohol from all stadiums in the Big 12. Since every Nub is convinced that Osborn walks on water and that if they live a good life they'll get to visit his house after they die, they are morally obligated to wholeheartedly agree with every position that asshole takes.

Not even close! Still don't get why there needs to be alcohol at college football games? Dr. Tom is too tight when it comes to drinking alcohol. That's his opinion and many Nebraska fans (if not most) don't agree with his strict alcohol stance, excepting for beer sales at the games. I would say most fans Nebraska fans (but not all) don't think it should be part of the college game. Before games and after games, in the bars or at tailgates is a different story. The more libations the better.

Getting drunk in large groups of people where you can yell is fun. So is the process of getting hammered with friends and the tailgate

Good points! But selling beer at games is something we will agree to disagree about. Got to love those post game hangovers! Now hand me a cold one!

Not even close! Still don't get why there needs to be alcohol at college football games? Dr. Tom is too tight when it comes to drinking alcohol. That's his opinion and many Nebraska fans (if not most) don't agree with his strict alcohol stance, excepting for beer sales at the games. I would say most fans Nebraska fans (but not all) don't think it should be part of the college game. Before games and after games, in the bars or at tailgates is a different story. The more libations the better.

I don't understand why it doesn't belong with college or amateur athletics. Why? The players are the same age as the folks we're sending to fight in Afghanistan to preserve our right to drink overpriced, watered down beers at sporting events.

Good points! But selling beer at games is something we will agree to disagree about. Got to love those post game hangovers! Now hand me a cold one!

Your reasons for not wanting it is because fans shouldn't need it and teams shouldn't need it for revenue. That basically means you specifically don't want to drink inside the stadium so you think no one else should have that option and that since Nebraska doesn't need it for revenue that other schools shouldn't have that option. You're being a controlling **** who obviously doesn't care for free will in people's decisions.

A quick public service announcement here for right leaning individuals -
While I am full support of the repeal of Folsom Stadium prohibition and signed the petition - just remember the site - www.change.org. Think about it for a minute, sound familiar?

It's great to support the petition, but it does ask for your email address, therefore you end up receiving "alerts" like the one I got today for the Boy Scouts to repeal the "ban" on gay membership. Just a warning of spam you will receive from this site.

It looks like you can sign the petition, but be sure to immediately remove your email from the distro if you don't want your email filled up with a bunch of crazy ****.

Nik,
I tried to give you some rep, but couldn't. Anyone who puts Dr Tom and asshole in the same sentence gets :thumbsup: from me. Well played, sir.

Buff Surveyor, I'm going to type this really slow so that you can follow along:

When other schools have brought alcohol sales back into the stadiums, alcohol related security events and arrests have GONE DOWN. (And, yes, just in case you're rubbing those two brain cells together: this excludes the "sneaking alcohol into the game" security events - it's the real ones: public drunkeness, open container, minor-in-possession, etc)

And yes, just so everyone knows, I am going to repeat that every time anyone makes an argument against bringing beer sales back until it finally sinks in.

It could be argued that beer sales would lower the amount of drunken fans. People wouldn't need to binge before the game and during halftime. Also, beer will most likely be so expensive that if you don't pregame it would be financially stupid to get drunk off of stadium beer.

Agree with your thinking. Reduces the amount of "I can't buy any inside so I might as well get hammered ahead of time to carry me" mentality. Also greatly reduce the amount of alcohol that is carried in, usually in concentrated form instead of beer. Once in at the price of stadium beer nobody is going to buy enough to get really hammered. Also the beer sold is most likely going to be 3.2 and will fill someup up before they get more than tipsy.

I understand the thought process behind the ban but in this situation selling beer would likely reduce drunkeness.

Beer was served during the CU game at Hawaii. A vendor delivered beer to your seats.

The cans weren't twelve ounces, maybe 10 ounces. Price was $5 each. It was unlikely anyone would get ripped buying beers in aloha stadium.

Aloha stadium was full of families with kids. College football is a big family affair on the islands.

The U of Hawaii model worked out fine.

Beer was served during the CU game at Hawaii. A vendor delivered beer to your seats.

The cans weren't twelve ounces, maybe 10 ounces. Price was $5 each. It was unlikely anyone would get ripped buying beers in aloha stadium.

Aloha stadium was full of families with kids. College football is a big family affair on the islands.

The U of Hawaii model worked out fine.
I got so many beers. It was awesome.

I don't recall having beer inside Aloha Stadium, but it stands to reason.

Bottom line for me is that the stated reason for the ban in the first place was to cut down on drunkenness. The ban has not accomplished that goal. In fact, it has done the opposite. I should also like to point out that this was predicted at the time of the ban, the administration knew that there was a chance this would not work, and they proceeded with the ban anyway.

A) Sell beer at the game. Why? 'Cause when they did, CU was better. Cause and effect.
2) prohibit entry after the end of the first quarter. Why? Because CU looks stupid on TV when they show a gorgeous stadium and background and NO ONE is in the stands.
d) don't allow re-entrance. Why? If everyone is in the stadium when the game starts, they're buying the ridiculously priced beer and therefore not getting totally housed and can't leave to get wasted at half time and come back - it will cut down on the issues caused by alcohol (fights, inappropriate behavior, etc).
CU could actually look like a team with fans who give a crap.

Back