1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to be a millionaire? Consider attending CU.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

The University of Colorado is the only university in the entire state included on a list of the 100 schools that have produced the most millionaires, Times Higher Education reports.

The ranking was compiled by data research company WealthInsight and business magazine Spear’s, which found universities in the United States dominated the list. The ranking, which one reader pointed out didn't take into account how many students entered college with money, put Harvard at No. 1 and Harvard Business School at No. 2.

CU was ranked No. 57.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/morning_call/2013/11/want-to-be-a-millionaire-consider.html

Let's raise some facilities money!!!!

2. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Suck it University of Queensland!

Also, I'd point out that Stanford continues to amaze. Just how good is that institution, full spectrum?

3. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

The whole state? Gosh!

4. NYCGOBEARS!

NYCGOBEARS! Active Member

Can we redirect the focus to your next opponent - The University of California? #31 isn't too bad. Who wants to be a millionaire?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  5. NYCGOBEARS!

NYCGOBEARS! Active Member

I'd like to point out that most of those Furdies started out as millionaires already.

6. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

:thumbsup:

7. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Pretty cool, considering Colorado is a relatively small state and CU is a state school. There was a ranking where Boulder was #1 for entrepreneurs, and Ft. Collins and a few other Colorado cities were ranked.

Most of the top schools are where millionaires send their kids...so this list isn't really a big shocker. Oh wait, Donald Trump and Mitt Romney types just do everything all by themselves :lol:

CUBUFF80 likes this.
  8. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

I don't even know how many hemp bracelets somebody has to make in order to earn a million dollars, so all due congratulations to the Berkeley Patchouli Bears for this important recognition.

9. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

**** you are annoying

10. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

But not wrong...

11. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

The most interesting thing from that article, is that Engineering is the most popular major among millionaires? I know you can make some good money as an engineer, but I am sure surprised to see that heading up the list. Maybe engineer's just budget and save better.

12. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

You had a halfway decent post going until your last sentence. Keep your political bull**** in that forum not here. Keep this up and you'll earn a vacation.

13. The Ogre

The Ogre Club Member Club Member

:lol:

:asskicking:

14. Yellow Shirt

Yellow Shirt Club Member Club Member

Didn't read the article, but I would guess that the millionaire/engineering connection is not necessarily that they made their million sitting at their CDOT desk knocking out live load calculations for the hanging highway all the while simultaneously executing plan Susie Ortman. I would think a component of that correlation would have to do with a percentage of high school students with a certain set of thinking skills ending up in the engineering school for not necessarily any better reason than a math/science aptitude. The E school sets you up with a nice set of highly adaptable skills. It would be interesting to see how many engineering degree'd millionaires made their chunk strictly as a working engineer.

15. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Seems to me that conservative claptrap is tolerated in the football forum. How about some consistency?

16. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I use this mainly for CU sports, I use another forum/message board for the other teams I follow. They have a strict no politics rule, the only real exception is when it's related to a sports issue (eg stadium financing, athletes running for office). I kind of like the fact that here, there's more freedom so to speak. But I see the other side of just trying to eliminate politics entirely as sports is meant to be more light-hearted.

17. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

i'm sure if 96 Buff (communist) saw a conservative claptrap comment made in this forum he would say the same thing.

18. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

Yeah, I think it's more the curriculum that is good prep for success, probably better than a business degree in a lot of ways.