1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was moving to the Pac a mistake?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Nov 15, 2015.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

That's what our friend, Kiszla, argues. I admit, looking at attendance numbers yesterday had me wondering the same thing. We averaged close to 50,000 fans per game in the Big. We average below 40,000 in the Pac. We were competitive in the Big but have only won 5 games in the Pac. Our revenue in the Pac hasn't achieved the promises.

I'd argue that our fund raising is much better. Without the move, it is unlikely we'd have built the facilities we have. We were extremely down, competitively, when we made the move. That lead to the lack of success on the field which, in turn, contributes to the attendance issue. While we can argue its merits, in the long run, I think the move will pay off.

FlatironsBuff likes this.
  2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

No.

SBG likes this.
  3. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

4. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

5. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

6. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Nyet.

7. Colorado Track Fan

Colorado Track Fan Banned BANNED

Texas greed messed up a good thing. I liked the b12 with CU, NU, a&am and mizz. I like regional ball. I like the old rivalries that have some kind of authentic merit. Ku vs mizz has real nastiness that goes deep, way beyond football. Ou and NU was a classic. Now it's gone. Thankssgiving time without NU cu and ut v a$m is not right.

SBG and FrankRizzo like this.
  8. hokiehead

hokiehead Gobbler on the Mountain Club Member

to me, the more interesting question to ask Allbuffs would be "was it a mistake to reject the Pac offer in 1994?"

ZandiBuff, aik and Big Jim like this.
  9. JPinCO

JPinCO VP of Quantified Self Club Member

Colorado made a number of egregious mistakes in the last 10 years; moving to the Pac isn't one of them. Jizla can park his colon on a spinning barbed *****.

goalline and Alfred91 like this.
  10. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

No.

But not opposed to a week-long ban on DBT for bringing Kizla's troll job over here. Who's with me? Shame on @DBT for not kicking the DP to the curb already.

11. PAHIBuff

PAHIBuff Club Member Club Member

While it's a somewhat legitimate topic just for the sake of discussion, Kiz is still a snake who only wants to take little jabs at CU. I just don't take the guy seriously when it comes to CU. Keep in mine that he recently wrote a column making the assertion that CU should join the Mountain West.

12. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

IRT OP:

No

13. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

DBT, look at who you are reading and listening to when you form this question. It is a completely dumn assertion that CU should not have moved to the PAC. The guy is an Idot to the max and the answer is an emphatic no.

14. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

15. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

Hells to the NO!

And **** Texass.

And **** bailer almost goes without saying.

16. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

NEIN

NON

NEGATORY, BIG DADDY

17. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

All things the same, CU would be struggling just as much in the Big 12. With our only likely wins coming over KU and TTU.

The Pac12 has engaged our largest alumni bases outside of Colorado. It has given us equally power in our conference proceedings. It has led to record athletics donations. It has led to greater road game attendance for CU.

The only reason attendance has dropped as much as it has, is that Pac12 fans don't travel nearly as well as Big12 fans did. This is because we are no longer the only destination campus in the the conference

Alfred91 likes this.
  18. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

19. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Hey! I agree! Just thought it was worth the discussion, you assholes! Haha.

FrankRizzo and Bufffan68 like this.
  20. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

Attendance the first year in the pac was good actually, we just haven't performed to a level that gets fans in the stands.

bombay likes this.
  21. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

The imagery...though my problem is that I'm not sure what you're censored word is. My guess is a five letter word for sex toy? Or are we talking real human anatomy? Does Allbuffs censor *****? (Guess when I submit I'll have my answer.) Please let me know, as my football team is 4-7 and the topic in this particular thread is stupid.

22. JPinCO

JPinCO VP of Quantified Self Club Member

It's "*****".

23. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

DBT, I don't think so. Abandoning the Texas recruiting grounds for the richer Calif grounds paid dividends immediately - CU was able to recruit the top high school RB - Darrell Scott - and that reaped all kinds of benefits, right?

I don't think conferences have much to do with this. When I see Colorado DBs flopping on the ground, diving towards someone's shoelaces instead of moving their own feet and running for a tackle... when I see CU defenders waving HI HOW YA ARE? at opponent ball-carriers - this isn't territory or logos.

This is SKILL DEVELOPMENT. This is a matter of teaching and learning. Even the best teachers can't teach those who refuse to learn. Even the most interested students can't get past a teacher's predilections for advocating diving, flopping and hand-waving instead of good tackling.

24. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

I'm pretty sure you're being facetious here ... but re the bolded, what does Darrell Scott's recruitment have to do with joining the Pac 12? They happened at least 4 years apart.

Agree with you though on the need to coach more fundamentals.

25. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

No. The mistake was not moving to the Pac in 1994 instead of forming the Big 12.

26. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

Wazzou is turning it around in Leach's 4th year...let's hope same thing happens here. They have a stud QB...that's the big difference.

27. DiggerBuffs

DiggerBuffs Well-Known Member

Let us hope Montez is that Falk guy not enoug teams were in on early and pays huge dividends. Otherwise we are a 6-6 team at best!

Bufffan68 likes this.
  28. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

You can look at it a number of ways, but no matter how you look at it, the answer is always the same: no.

It's true we would probably have a better record in the Big 12, but that assumes the league didn't disintegrate the way it did. I'd love to have Nebraska and Missouri on the schedule this year. Thing is, they both left, too. So from a football perspective, the answer is "no".

From a revenue standpoint, it's not even an argument. We don't get these facilities done in the Big 12.

From a non-football perspective, it's also not even an argument. Every sport we have has improved significantly since the move to the PAC 12. Every. One.

So, once again, Jizla steps on his crank and publishes a poorly constructed and half witted piece of drivel that is somehow supposed to make us question the move. This from the retard who suggested we would be better off in the MWC. He needs to go sniff Dante Bichete's jock a little more.

Alfred91 and aik like this.
  29. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Anyone who blames the conference for CU's ineptitude needs to take a long look in the mirror.

CU's nosedive into sucky irrelevance is 100% self-inflicted, regardless of conference affiliation.

NrthrnPlns likes this.
  30. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Look, win or lose, I'd much rather visit the hometowns of the PAC12 schools than the old conference. I have driven to Nebraska to watch games. Enough said.

By the way, I prefer winning. In case that wasn't clear.