1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was the OC change the difference?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MiamiBuffs, Nov 14, 2009.

1. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Was Helfrich holding it together? Is Kiseau just not there. Sure seems to me that things are much worse since coach K go promoted to OC.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I might think there was something to that if the downward spiral hadn't started in game 4 at FSU last year. We're 5-12 from then (looking like 5-13 after today finishes).

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Helfrich may really be>K. wow. never thought I would think that. However, I don't put this game on TH. we nearly had 10 drops. Speedy's fumbles... Nah, it was on everyone. Awful day of CU football.

4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Much worse? Not really. Seems about the same to me.

5. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

What was Helfrich ever holding together. This offense is no different than Hawkins last 3 years.

6. Dunken

Dunken Member

It does not matter, week after week this team is not prepared to play 4 quarters of football....to many mistakes on the fundamentals of football

7. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Maybe it's ISU's defense - a gaudy 94th in total D nationally :pissed3:

8. ThndringHerd

ThndringHerd Well-Known Member

More to do with graduating the last of Barnett's players and Kai transferring, IMO. We have maybe 2-3 guys on OL/DL who play physical. The rest either just don't get it, or haven't gotten proper conditioning.

9. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

IMO, Helfriech < Kiseau. We were worse last year on O. Worse.

I can't believe it, but it's true.

We still run the same **** whether it's Helfrich or Kiseau though. We still run bootlegs and rollouts, end arounds and the ever brilliant play action pass on 3rd and long.

The only common factor is that Hawk is our coach.

10. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

No way. Our offense has been crap since 2006, but at least this year there are flashes of decent playcaling.

In defense of Kis, it's REALLY hard to call plays when your oline cannot run or pass block.

11. stampy

stampy Well-Known Member

This offense was at the bottom half of every major statistic in the B12 last year as well. It is remarkable because Hawkins was supposed to be such an offensive innovator. You can google his "chameleon offense" and see profiles on how it was supposedly cutting edge O at BSU.

The penalties on offense, especially the continued false starts, has to be among the worst in the nation. Those kind of miscues are indicative of a lack of discipline, exactly the opposite of Boise. How could what was so successful at Boise be so inept here? The only thing that makes sense to me is that the true innovator must have been Peterson. They certainly haven't lost a step, if anything they have been better than ever since Hawkins' departure.