What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington State @ Colorado Post Game Thread

Thanks to @BuffStampede @Jens1893 and @RumblinBuff I was able to find the other two. So, grand total for the season:

CU 220
Opponents 173

Obviously, the quality of non-conf opponents blew things out a little bit, but for the most part CU has been fine after half. If we use KenPom's "A Tier" and "B Tier" rankings, it would break down as:

A Tier Opponents 62
Buffs 49

B Tier Opponents 29
Buffs 33

Which makes sense. A Tier teams are "top 50" teams - something CU technically isn't on a neutral site (#60 on KP currently). So they should be outscoring us. But we're outscoring B Tier ("top 100"). For teams outside the top 100 it is:

Buffs 138
Tier C 82
Drops-Mic.jpg

Besides Goose doing all the fancy math, I'm certain that the people who constantly harp on the "bad offense" don't watch any other college basketball. I like watching college basketball, and the only team I can think of that I've watched several of their games and not seen them go into an offensive funk for several minutes is Oklahoma. They have the player of the year. And I haven't watched all their games, I'm sure they've had some offensive lapses too, probably the K-state game, didn't see that one. That's college basketball.

And just basketball in general. The Warriors aren't in the conversation for being one of the best basketball teams of all time because of their incredible offense. That offense stalls, has ugly games, goes cold. The reason they are no doubt the favorites to win a championship is because they also play elite defense, which never goes cold.

CU has the best Defensive Rating in P12 play (100.5). That surprised me. I knew we were near the top, but wasn't expecting #1. Cal is #2 at 101.7.

By the way NBdefektor, great idea for the separate post-game thread. I suggest that as soon as the game ends, the new thread be initiated with a post on the game thread noting that the other thread has been initiated. This will help avoid post game posts on two threads until we get used to it.

Last edited:
Besides Goose doing all the fancy math, I'm certain that the people who constantly harp on the "bad offense" don't watch any other college basketball. I like watching college basketball, and the only team I can think of that I've watched several of their games and not seen them go into an offensive funk for several minutes is Oklahoma. They have the player of the year. And I haven't watched all their games, I'm sure they've had some offensive lapses too, probably the K-state game, didn't see that one. That's college basketball.

I want to be clear, my post was more about Tad's coaching abilities in-game. Of course 18-22 year old kids will have their fair share of ruts on the offensive side. I can remember numerous times this year where it was painfully obvious the best option we had when we needed buckets was to go to Josh in the post, and our offense wouldn't even look his way. Josh is by far and away our best player, and to not even consider him for points in the waning moments of the game is borderline criminal!

And again, somewhat relatedly, I'd like you guys to mentally note after we come out of a timeout with possession in this UW game. I really hope I get made to look like a fool, but i'd say 4 out of 5 times we call a timeout to diagram a play for some offense, it ends up bad. And I mean laughably bad.

But anyway, hope Josh is at least dressed and can provide some quality minutes tomorrow. Winning tomorrow goes a loooong way to securing a spot in the tourney. These last few games are definitely going to be a challenge.

Watching in person with my son, my gut reaction as to why the Buffs struggled after the first ten minutes was poor defense and lack of intensity. My son pointed out that they didn't rebound as well as they have for much of the season.

In the last minute of regulation I was convinced CU was going to lose and ditto in of the first overtime, even when King George first had the ball and looked like he wanted to go to the basket. Wazzou had the momentum up until the massive buzzer beater.

Back