1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch Parties Outside of Colorado?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Goose, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Does anyone know if the CU Alumni groups are going to do any watch parties for today's game? I'm in Phoenix on vacation and trying desperately to find a place to watch the game tonight. Any clues?

2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I think your best bet is to check the thread in the football forum and call the local bar that hosts the CU football watch party.

Goose likes this.
  3. Goose

My buddy and I pulled that info lat night and were planning on calling them today. Just didn't know if any alumni groups were planning anything for the game.

4. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Honestly, I doubt it as it is during work hours. Go to a bar and ask them to put it on though!

5. RK

RK UBL Club Member

Yo man I just got down here last night too, me and some friends are going to Buffalo wild wings in Tempe to watch the game, if you wanna be surrounded by a couple buff fans you should come down there

6. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

UtterBuff, did you call Buffalo Wild Wings to see if they'll have the game? I think I found it on pay-per-view down here, but that is it as far as TV coverage goes.

To answer the question about a watch party, I am on the email list and didn't hear anything, so I assume there isn't one.

7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

One in Chicago would be great, unfortunately our bar is also a Purdue bar.

8. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

CU BASKETBALL WATCH PARTY

Colorado Buffs vs. Kansas Jayhawks

When: Friday, March 11 @ 7:00 p.m.

Where: Old Town Alexandria

CU alum John Jarecki’s The Light Horse, 715 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314. View Map.

Take Metro to King Street station on the Yellow or Blue lines. The free King Street Trolley will take you to and from the Metro - get off at Columbus Street.

The Buffs are on a roll!

Two weeks after an upset win over #5 Texas and days after a double-digit win at home over Nebraska to close the regular season, the Buffs have beaten Iowa State and #19 Kansas State to advance to the Big 12 Tournament Semifinals. While most experts now project CU to be invited to the NCAA Tournament, the Buffs are hoping to leave nothing to chance as they take on the #2 Kansas Jayhawks Friday night.
    Can the Buffs take advantage of the opportunity to knock off KU one last time and advance to the Big 12 Championship?
    Head out to The Light Horse TONIGHT for this and other CU Basketball games as the Buffs make their run in the Post Season!

Find out more information about upcoming tournament watch parties at www.twitter.com/dcbuffs.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  9. Tempe_Buff

Tempe_Buff Well-Known Member

Yeah we called and they said they will show it

10. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Wish I could meet you there - whatever you do in life, don't go to law school.

Go Buffs!

11. Tempe_Buff

Tempe_Buff Well-Known Member

We got there and turns out they actually aren't showing it. (don 't ever ask some dumb hostess on the phone if they get the game) Looks like it's ESPN3 for us.

12. Goose

Same thing happened to us at the Saddle Ranch (although it's REALLY hard to be upset at those waitresses...wow). We ended up going to a place called Duke's. There was a guy there who saw me in my CU shirt when I walked in, started yelling and pointing at a TV. Ended up watching the game with a bunch of the FSN guys who were in Arizona for spring training.

13. RK

RK UBL Club Member

Damn thats sick dude. we got stuck watching it on espn3