1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watched Alec Burks tonight

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by BehindEnemyLines, Feb 14, 2012.

1. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Same slashing style. Still fun to watch him play.

The box score had him listed as a PG, but he really wasn't running the offense. Played out on the wing, so I guess he was the 2. His stats for the night were:

Minutes: 19
    FG: 3-9
    FT: 4-6
    Pts: 10
    Rbs: 4 (2 O, 2 D)
    Stl: 1

It looks like the Jazz are trying to work him in more. Earlier in the season, he was getting 5-7 minutes a game. He looked a little lost out there at times, and I imagine some of that is the new schemes. Could also be the lack of practice time because of the lock-out.

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Shoulda stayed another year. I can't fault the man for grabbing the money, but damn...

3. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

I think he had three DNPs recently. They should play him more as a long term solution, rather than trotting out some retreads like Raja Bell. It's not like the Jazz are competing for a title.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Not with the way the draft board was stacked last year compared to how it will be stacked this year. Very smart business decision by Alec to leave when he did.

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

nm.

6. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

When he first subbed into the game, it was good to hear the announcers intro him as the rookie from Colorado. In fact, I think they propped CU 3 times before he went back to the bench.