What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

watched this week's buffalo stampede tonight...

I don't believe the "Tyler wanted a redshirt" BS for a second. Every single player wants to PLAY, not sit on the sidelines. The coaches wanted him to RS and he went along.

i think there was ONE coach that wanted him to RS all along and hopefully he will be gone at years end! :thumbsup:

NO he didn't. The only reason Cody wasn't yanked sooner was because they were tyring to preserve Hansens RS. That is the only reason. I agree with DBT why is that so hard to understand.

That may be, but the fact remains it took 4-1/2 games for Cody to get pulled. I would like to see TH be given the same opportunity. Let him go through his growing pains now as opposed to next year or the year after.

Cody is a known quantity, I love his moxy but it's been clear for some time that he just doesn't have the arm strength for this level. Let Hansen work through it. This season has already been reduced to a rebuilding mode.........again. :huh:

I have no doubt he will make his fair share of mistakes but I think the good will outweigh the bad. He gives the offense alot more to work with and therefore more for a defense to prepare for.

NO he didn't. The only reason Cody wasn't yanked sooner was because they were tyring to preserve Hansens RS. That is the only reason. I agree with DBT why is that so hard to understand.

Here's a thought. I think that they were actually looking to put Tyler in before the West Virginia game. Tyler took the majority of snaps in the week leading up to WVU, but then got into that scrape a couple days before the game when he was trying to break up a fight between Ewing and random on the Hill.

Side comment - Have to love the Boulder Police:rolleyes: Kid is actually trying to break up a fight but yet they slap him with a 3rd degree misdemeanor - Boulder police "WOOHOO! We gots us football player! What can we charge him with?"

So, TH gets misdemeanor, and thus serves a game "suspension" on the sidelines with the headset on, and doesn't get into the WVU game as planned, and possibly start against Texas the week later.

Just a (yet another) little conspiracy theory.:wink2:

Going Deep...

Here's a thought. I think that they were actually looking to put Tyler in before the West Virginia game. Tyler took the majority of snaps in the week leading up to WVU, but then got into that scrape a couple days before the game when he was trying to break up a fight between Ewing and random on the Hill.

Side comment - Have to love the Boulder Police:rolleyes: Kid is actually trying to break up a fight but yet they slap him with a 3rd degree misdemeanor - Boulder police "WOOHOO! We gots us football player! What can we charge him with?"

So, TH gets misdemeanor, and thus serves a game "suspension" on the sidelines with the headset on, and doesn't get into the WVU game as planned, and possibly start against Texas the week later.

Just a (yet another) little conspiracy theory.:wink2:

Going Deep...

It's not a conspiracy theory. That's what Pissbomber said was happening the week before the WVU game.

It's not a conspiracy theory. That's what Pissbomber said was happening the week before the WVU game.

AAAHHH! Yet again, victimized by having joined so late. My bad for re-hashing old topics.

I'll try to do some "research" when opening up old "wounds" :thumbsup:

Going Deep...:gobuffs:

Well, like I said. The coaches miscalculated. They decided, and Tyler wanted, to give TH a RS year. That backed them into a corner with, really, no backup. I'd suspect if they weren't trying to protect TH's red shirt, he would have come in earlier.

This is the understatement of the year. They miscalculated that anyone's RS is more important than winning games. Hansen should have been brought in after the 1st half of the 1st game.

Quit using reason. It's not allowed here.

This has to be a first - DBT accused of using reason.

Sorry, DBT, not trying to pick on you, but couldn't resist this one!

Why wasn't this ever done to Cody?

Because every other Qb was 'redshirting'. While speculating that they were trying to create distance in the QBs, it certainly looked like it was an effective way to create zero competition at the QB position. may not have been the reason, but can anyone remember a coach that only had one QB availible to play while redshirting 3 to4 other QBs? I think that number would very very small, and then add the fact that the QB without competion is undersized, very limited on athletic ability, and--- the coaches son, and you probably have a 'this is the only time we can remember-- ever!' moment.

But hey, it wasn't Cody's fault. Everyone else made the mistakes, not him. That is why we will see him alot this season still, and probably starting again before the end of the season. I will very, very surprised if Hansen gets 1/4 of the rope Cody did. And if Hansen drives the team downfield like he did last year and then Cody comes in and does a three and out (or even if Cody makes the TD) I will be hard pressed not to say 'I told you so!'.

I will wait to say 'I told you so!' until after Sacky's funeral, as I am POSITIVE that his head will just pop off his shoulders if that actually happens.

Back