1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching the UGA game...in Athens?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffAlum2007, Sep 27, 2010.

1. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

So this weekend a buddy of mine who is a Miami grad and myself are roadtripping up to the Clemson - Miami game @ Clemson - Athens, GA lies directly along the drive back from Clemson to where we're starting the trip from, so I was thinking of maybe stopping over there after the Clemson game and giving CU some representation in UGA country for our game...does anyone know of any CU-friendly places to watch the game there?

2. dallasga6

dallasga6 Member

LOL... Y'all visit if you get a chance, I doubt there will be a lot of CU fans in Athens, but the Dawg fans will make you feel more than welcome. We have over 100 bar's & music venues in a 5 square block area along Broad St. along with many others. UGA fan's are some of the most hospitable fans you will encounter anywhere. What age range are you guys & what type of crowd are you looking for. I just hit 50 so the places I frequent might not be for you. I can get some suggestions from my kids if you are looking for a college type crowd. What ever type of atmosphere you are looking for you can find it in Athens...

3. BuffAlum2007

We're both mid-20's and I think we'd want a place, sports bar or something, that's not gonna get too rowdy or overcrowded or anything like that...if there was a place that was maybe a little off the beaten path in town where we could grab a seat at the bar without much difficulty, that'd be ideal...

4. dallasga6

dallasga6 Member

OK... This would be my suggestion, Lansdowne Pub. Just what you're looking for, easy to get to, great crowd & just 2 blocks off of Broad St. if y'all wanna wander over & get you're fill of UGA co-ed's. Josh & the folks are great. It will be busy but not elbow to elbow. Good pub food(disregard the menu on the site, they have more than 3 dishes...LOL), great beer selection. Prolly a 21 to 40 age range, locals, not a greek hangout....check out their facebook page too..

http://www.lansdowneroadpub.com/

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=26324277867

-

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    FChairbanks likes this.
  5. dallasga6

dallasga6 Member

6. billdawg

billdawg New Member

Yep, that's my favorite when I'm in Athens

7. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

I'm a Buff living in the ATL...and I have to concur...Georgia fans are some of the most hospitable fans around. Very gracious after handing us a last minute defeat in Athens a few years back. Having said that, hire Hawkins for 5 years and I bet you'll see some piss-bombs flying...

8. BuffAlum2007

Appreciate the tips, guys - we'll try to hit one of those places for sure - you guys were great to me when CU played @ UGA in 2006 - despite the outcome of the game, I had a lot of fun and UGA remains as my all-time favorite road trip so far...