What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Watching the UGA game...in Athens?

BuffAlum2007

So this weekend a buddy of mine who is a Miami grad and myself are roadtripping up to the Clemson - Miami game @ Clemson - Athens, GA lies directly along the drive back from Clemson to where we're starting the trip from, so I was thinking of maybe stopping over there after the Clemson game and giving CU some representation in UGA country for our game...does anyone know of any CU-friendly places to watch the game there?

LOL... Y'all visit if you get a chance, I doubt there will be a lot of CU fans in Athens, but the Dawg fans will make you feel more than welcome. We have over 100 bar's & music venues in a 5 square block area along Broad St. along with many others. UGA fan's are some of the most hospitable fans you will encounter anywhere. What age range are you guys & what type of crowd are you looking for. I just hit 50 so the places I frequent might not be for you. I can get some suggestions from my kids if you are looking for a college type crowd. What ever type of atmosphere you are looking for you can find it in Athens...

LOL... Y'all visit if you get a chance, I doubt there will be a lot of CU fans in Athens, but the Dawg fans will make you feel more than welcome. We have over 100 bar's & music venues in a 5 square block area along Broad St. along with many others. UGA fan's are some of the most hospitable fans you will encounter anywhere. What age range are you guys & what type of crowd are you looking for. I just hit 50 so the places I frequent might not be for you. I can get some suggestions from my kids if you are looking for a college type crowd. What ever type of atmosphere you are looking for you can find it in Athens...

We're both mid-20's and I think we'd want a place, sports bar or something, that's not gonna get too rowdy or overcrowded or anything like that...if there was a place that was maybe a little off the beaten path in town where we could grab a seat at the bar without much difficulty, that'd be ideal...

We're both mid-20's and I think we'd want a place, sports bar or something, that's not gonna get too rowdy or overcrowded or anything like that...if there was a place that was maybe a little off the beaten path in town where we could grab a seat at the bar without much difficulty, that'd be ideal...

OK... This would be my suggestion, Lansdowne Pub. Just what you're looking for, easy to get to, great crowd & just 2 blocks off of Broad St. if y'all wanna wander over & get you're fill of UGA co-ed's. Josh & the folks are great. It will be busy but not elbow to elbow. Good pub food(disregard the menu on the site, they have more than 3 dishes...LOL), great beer selection. Prolly a 21 to 40 age range, locals, not a greek hangout....check out their facebook page too..

http://www.lansdowneroadpub.com/

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=26324277867

-

Last edited:

I'm a Buff living in the ATL...and I have to concur...Georgia fans are some of the most hospitable fans around. Very gracious after handing us a last minute defeat in Athens a few years back. Having said that, hire Hawkins for 5 years and I bet you'll see some piss-bombs flying...

Appreciate the tips, guys - we'll try to hit one of those places for sure - you guys were great to me when CU played @ UGA in 2006 - despite the outcome of the game, I had a lot of fun and UGA remains as my all-time favorite road trip so far...

Back