What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Watson v. Kiesau

PhillyBuff

no longer awaiting CU football's return... we here
Club Member
Just curious... I for one criticized Watson for his unimaginative play calling when he was here. I am criticizing Kiesau for the same thing....

Look at where Watson is with his offensive statistics.

Nebraska is #1 rushing, #2 overall in offense in the Big 12.

Do you think he just got brilliant when he went to Nebraska? or do you think it is the better facilities that has made him better? j/k But he clearly has something more in Nebraska than he does in Colorado.... He has better players, a better staff, and a better scheme...... that is all relative to head coaching right there....

Don't know but his playcalling last night sure looked like 3yd pass and a cloud of farts like watson did here.

Unfair comparison. Kiesau has been a OC for what? Two years? Watson has been a OC for over a decade?

Watson's offense in Nebraska 2 years after he left Colorado is so much better than when he was in Boulder.

The members of the big red menace I work with don't have the kindest things to say about their own OC, but my feeling is Taylor Martinez in particular is making him look like a much better coach this year.

Just curious... I for one criticized Watson for his unimaginative play calling when he was here. I am criticizing Kiesau for the same thing....

Look at where Watson is with his offensive statistics.

Nebraska is #1 rushing, #2 overall in offense in the Big 12.

Do you think he just got brilliant when he went to Nebraska? or do you think it is the better facilities that has made him better? j/k But he clearly has something more in Nebraska than he does in Colorado.... He has better players, a better staff, and a better scheme...... that is all relative to head coaching right there....

That bolded portion is patently false. The 2001 Buffs had at least as much talent as the 2010 Huskers, probably more. ESPECIALLY on offense.

The South Dakota State game was a horrible game as far as play-calling goes. When you have players that can do outstanding things with average plays it can make you look like a genius. I'm still not a fan of Shawn Watson and may never be as far as that goes.

Kiesau has no idea what he is doing. Why exactly is this guy thought of as an up and coming coach? The formula to make TH succeed is out there. We saw it against Georgia. However, Kiesau felt like he should change things up for Mizzery. Nice coaching.

If Watson were coaching CU with the skill players we have now, our offense would be pretty dynamic in my opinion. Also, I hate to complement NU players, but Martinez is freaking good.

Back