1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watson v. Kiesau

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by PhillyBuff, Oct 10, 2010.

1. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

Just curious... I for one criticized Watson for his unimaginative play calling when he was here. I am criticizing Kiesau for the same thing....

Look at where Watson is with his offensive statistics.

Nebraska is #1 rushing, #2 overall in offense in the Big 12.

Do you think he just got brilliant when he went to Nebraska? or do you think it is the better facilities that has made him better? j/k But he clearly has something more in Nebraska than he does in Colorado.... He has better players, a better staff, and a better scheme...... that is all relative to head coaching right there....

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Unfair comparison. Kiesau has been a OC for what? Two years? Watson has been a OC for over a decade?

3. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Don't know but his playcalling last night sure looked like 3yd pass and a cloud of farts like watson did here.

4. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

Watson's offense in Nebraska 2 years after he left Colorado is so much better than when he was in Boulder.

5. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

The members of the big red menace I work with don't have the kindest things to say about their own OC, but my feeling is Taylor Martinez in particular is making him look like a much better coach this year.

6. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

That bolded portion is patently false. The 2001 Buffs had at least as much talent as the 2010 Huskers, probably more. ESPECIALLY on offense.

7. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

The South Dakota State game was a horrible game as far as play-calling goes. When you have players that can do outstanding things with average plays it can make you look like a genius. I'm still not a fan of Shawn Watson and may never be as far as that goes.

8. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Kiesau has no idea what he is doing. Why exactly is this guy thought of as an up and coming coach? The formula to make TH succeed is out there. We saw it against Georgia. However, Kiesau felt like he should change things up for Mizzery. Nice coaching.

If Watson were coaching CU with the skill players we have now, our offense would be pretty dynamic in my opinion. Also, I hate to complement NU players, but Martinez is freaking good.