What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Way to Go Buff Fans!!

boulder77

Pretty Hard to Find
Club Member
Buffs continuing to do very well with attendance ...

Attendance numbers for the 4 NIT Third Round games:

College of Charleston at Wichita State - 10,506 (10,572 capacity)
Kent State at Colorado - 9,065 (11,064)
Miami FL at Alabama - 8,612 (15,316)
Northwestern at Washington State - 5,905 (11,566)

Attendance numbers for the 8 NIT Second Round games:

California at Colorado - 7,614 (11,064 capacity)
New Mexico at Alabama - 6,821 (15,316)
Oklahoma State at Washington State - 5,201 (11,566)
Wichita State at Virginia Tech - 4,382 (9,847)
Kent State at Fairfield - 3,954 (10,000)
Northwestern at Boston College - 2,765 (8,606)
College of Charleston at Cleveland State - 2,077 (13,610)
Missouri State at Miami FL - 1,623 (8,000) - why is Miami hosting again???

Attendance numbers for the 16 NIT First Round games:

UTEP at New Mexico - 9,626 (17,126 capacity)
Nebraska at Wichita State - 7,336 (10,572)
Texas Southern at Colorado - 6,299 (11,064)
Harvard at Oklahoma State - 5,342 (13,611)
Coastal Carolina at Alabama - 5,116 (15,316)
Murray State at Missouri State - 5,089 (11,000)
Boston College at McNeese State - 5,035 (6,500)
Dayton at College of Charleston - 4,717 (5,100)
Long Beach State at Washington State - 4,213 (11,566)
Milwaukee at Northwestern - 3,915 (8,117)
Fairfield at Colorado State - 3,202 (8,745)
Bethune-Cookman at Virginia Tech - 2,892 (9,847)
Kent State at St Mary's - 2,443 (3,500)
Mississippi at California - 2,350 (11,877)
Florida Atlantic at Miami FL - 1,509 (8,000)
Vermont at Cleveland State - 1,472 (13,610)

Last edited:
I'm with everyone else who is saying that number seems low. Looked about 3/4 full to me. I guessed 8k.

I love how many nebraska fans showed up to watch them lose at wichita st :lol:

2k people showed up to watch Cal take on a BCS conference opponent...and Miami fills 1/8 of their stadium. Shocking.

2k people showed up to watch Cal take on a BCS conference opponent...and Miami fills 1/8 of their stadium. Shocking.

we match todays official attendence on friday and I'm gonna be shocked. However, seems like a lot of friends of mine that don't usually go to games are going. should be a good drinking atmosphere.

we match todays official attendence on friday and I'm gonna be shocked. However, seems like a lot of friends of mine that don't usually go to games are going. should be a good drinking atmosphere.

I will guarante you that their is larger turnout for the Cal game then there was tonight. Its a 2nd round game with an attractive opponent and its on a friday night. Thats a good recipe for high attendance. Spring break is somewhat of a concern but since classes end that day their will still be plenty of students around. Now if we win that means a mid week game against Fairfield or Kent State with all the students gone, CES will be a ghostown.

Yeah. If you live in Nebraska, Wichita sounds like a pretty bitchin' road trip. It's no Estes Park, but still bitchin'.

pretty sure the entrance staff were told to go easy on making tad boyle pay for student tix. I've never been let in without my card being forced to eventually work before.

I'm with everyone else who is saying that number seems low. Looked about 3/4 full to me. I guessed 8k.
I e-mailed Plati asking if that number was real. His response:

Lots of GA last night, people didn't sit as tight, and no section was filled to the top, where there are no chairbacks--the building long has looked like there are more in there than there always is. I thought it was 6500, so 6299 didn't surprise me at all. Plus, since we scan everyone in at the turnstiles, we have to show that to the NIT officials to verify attendance, so 6299 is what the body number was.

Dave

David Plati
Associate AD/Sports Information
University of Colorado
357 UCB / Fieldhouse Annex #50
Boulder, CO 80309-0357
303/492-5626 (office)
david.plati@colorado.edu<mailto:david.plati@colorado.edu>
www.CUBuffs.com<http://www.cubuffs.com/>

Lots of GA last night, people didn't sit as tight, and no section was filled to the top, where there are no chairbacks--the building long has looked like there are more in there than there always is. I thought it was 6500, so 6299 didn't surprise me at all. Plus, since we scan everyone in at the turnstiles, we have to show that to the NIT officials to verify attendance, so 6299 is what the body number was.

Dave

David Plati
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0357
303/492-5626 (office)

Proof! I wasnt scanned.

Dave

David Plati
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0357
303/492-5626 (office)

:lol:

I dunno about that I was on hold for 20min waiting to speak to the ticket office before having to hang up

Tickets for Friday's game are on sale today. Let's try to top the 6500 number.

I believe the 6300 number, the bench rows were pretty much empty all the way around. There were plenty of empty seats in the corners and a fair amount in the stadium sections also.

$5 dollar seats for all fac/staff. Just bring your buff one card to the folsom field ticket office.

4b2008ca-50be-a274.jpg

Looking around I though around 8k. Unfortunately can't make it tomorrow. :cry:

Dave

David Plati
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0357
303/492-5626 (office)

Pfft... I personally counted all the people who didn't show up last night. It couldn't have been more than 200... 300 tops. Reports of a silent protest were greatly exagerrated.

from cu email forwarded by my sister...

Friday, March 18
7:30 PM – Coors Events Center

Admission:
• CU Student Sports Pass Holders will receive FREE admission as guests of Coach Tad Boyle and the team.
• Non-Sports Pass Holders can purchase tickets for $4 (cash only) at the Southeast entrance of the Coors Events Center starting at 6:30pm on Friday. In order to purchase a student ticket, you must present your Buff OneCard.

Back