What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Way to Go Buff Fans!!

Pretty sure the fact that everyone but CU was on Spring break last week was a big reason, hope we fill it up today!

Actually, this is Spring Break week which makes the crowd tonight that much more impressive.

It was impressive. Every tv shot I saw tonight showed seats with folks in them. I think I saw one open seat, behind the CU bench -- they must've been recycling a beer.

I'm happy with the students showing up as well while during spring break...but I'm not overly impressed. CU fans have always supported the Buffs if they're WINNING...which we are right now. I think a true measurement will be next season - how enthusiastic for the program will the current SO and JR students be? I hope they still show up.

I must say there was one thing that annoyed me - when a Kent St player went down with cramps in his left calf, you could hear a lot of booing. Booing an injured player should never be done. Be verbally abusive, intimidating, etc while the game is going on - fine. But, if the player goes down?...he's out there competing - give him the due respect of at least be silent and clapping when he gets up. We don't do this in football games, and the same should be done for basketball. I understand that the severity of injuries are completely different, but still...they are all players and deserve some respect.

I'm happy with the students showing up as well while during spring break...but I'm not overly impressed. CU fans have always supported the Buffs if they're WINNING...which we are right now. I think a true measurement will be next season - how enthusiastic for the program will the current SO and JR students be? I hope they still show up.

I must say there was one thing that annoyed me - when a Kent St player went down with cramps in his left calf, you could hear a lot of booing. Booing an injured player should never be done. Be verbally abusive, intimidating, etc while the game is going on - fine. But, if the player goes down?...he's out there competing - give him the due respect of at least be silent and clapping when he gets up. We don't do this in football games, and the same should be done for basketball. I understand that the severity of injuries are completely different, but still...they are all players and deserve some respect.

They were booing because the refs stopped the game in the middle of a 3 on 1 breakaway for the buffs

It wasn't booing of the player it was booing of stopping a fast break for cramps in his leg. The students saw it, Rodney Billups and the CU coaching staff made sure to point it out to the official. Students clapped when he got up and went to the bench.

students booed cause it was a lame injury to stop the game for when CU had a breakaway. Especially since the ever awful cramp was not that bad and the dude came back in 2 minutes later.

alright stand corrected - thanks. I started to hear the booing on tv when they were showing the Kent St player down

students booed cause it was a lame injury to stop the game for when CU had a breakaway. Especially since the ever awful cramp was not that bad and the dude came back in 2 minutes later.

okay, that's all good that the students were booing the fast break stopping, but this comment is bull****. "lame injury" "ever awful cramp" "dude came back" ...wow...he OBVIOUSLY wasn't in any form of pain then, and he's just a big pussy...why? because you think so. I don't think the game should've been stopped by any means, but at the same time, fans should never degrade an opponent while they're down.

alright stand corrected - thanks. I started to hear the booing on tv when they were showing the Kent St player down
Jeckyl?
okay, that's all good that the students were booing the fast break stopping, but this comment is bull****. "lame injury" "ever awful cramp" "dude came back" ...wow...he OBVIOUSLY wasn't in any form of pain then, and he's just a big pussy...why? because you think so. I don't think the game should've been stopped by any means, but at the same time, fans should never degrade an opponent while they're down.
Hyde?

Make up your mind :lol:

Note, the booing was pretty much all students, who were right there. Was it ok when they booed him 2 minutes later when he re-entered the game? ALl the fans that booed him did so after they stopped the game and after they saw him down for a ****ing cramp. Not to mention the other coach was flipping his **** and sent his medic onto the court before they called TO. It was a cramp. And not even a serious one. Stop being a pussy.

I've had a cramp before. It sucks. Its still more annoying than anything else. He wasn't in agony. I doubt they would have booed if he had actually injured himself. (no guarantees there, these are CU students :lol:)

Last edited:
Jeckyl?

Hyde?

Make up your mind :lol:

Note, the booing was pretty much all students, who were right there. Was it ok when they booed him 2 minutes later when he re-entered the game? ALl the fans that booed him did so after they stopped the game and after they saw him down for a ****ing cramp. Not to mention the other coach was flipping his **** and sent his medic onto the court before they called TO. It was a cramp. And not even a serious one. Stop being a pussy.

:rolling_eyes: ...okay, since you can't understand it, my mind has been completely made up. I apologize to the fans that were solely booing (and read my comment) with the frustration with the game stoppage - that's completely legit. However, for those that were calling the player a pussy or what-have-you for being down...grow up. Thus - SnowBuff - grow up. I hope that clears it up for you. Since you seem to be the type to keep responding, have fun with that if you choose to respond - that's all I have to say on this.

The Keg was most definitely full tonight. I don't know if it was actually sold out but there weren't many empty seats at all. There were at least 10K people there, if not 11K. The crowd did a great job and I was extremely pleasantly surprised with the turnout. Campus was dead today but the community really stepped up.

:rolling_eyes: ...okay, since you can't understand it, my mind has been completely made up. I apologize to the fans that were solely booing (and read my comment) with the frustration with the game stoppage - that's completely legit. However, for those that were calling the player a pussy or what-have-you for being down...grow up. Thus - SnowBuff - grow up. I hope that clears it up for you. Since you seem to be the type to keep responding, have fun with that if you choose to respond - that's all I have to say on this.

Man, you make this all personal. Now, go play with your dolls and have a good night :smile2:.

The Keg was most definitely full tonight. I don't know if it was actually sold out but there weren't many empty seats at all. There were at least 10K people there, if not 11K. The crowd did a great job and I was extremely pleasantly surprised with the turnout. Campus was dead today but the community really stepped up.

Pretty awesome, I even saw some (for lack of better word) "old" people in the student section, BADASS.

It was impressive being in the Foam Dome tonight! There were a few but not many seats open. We had to have had well over 10K in the building and I would guess it was much closer to 11K. Great job Buff fans and you were treated to a fun, competitive basketball game. I hope we are seeing something special take place with bball at CU. Time will tell but this is a great step.

Please back off your attitude that you are so superior because you are a Duke fan. It gets tired. I don't care how impressed or unimpressed you are with our student section. You don't go to the games. I am proud of our fans tonight. We filled the CEC for a freaking NIT game during spring break, and our fans were enthusiastic and behaved with class.

As has already been pointed out, we were booing the ridiculous stoppage of play, but what has not been pointed out is that the whole arena also clapped for the player in question when he did return to the bench.

Just for fun, enjoy this summary of Duke fans from GQ magazine's recap of the worst sports fans in America:

Duke fans who complain that everyone hates them because they're too good are like cheerleaders who complain that everyone hates them because they're too pretty. Sorry, princess! Soaked with arrogance (and Dick Vitale tongue baths), the Dukies have hit NC State with the chant "If you can't go to college, go to State!" while UNC has gotten the blunter "We're smart! You're dumb!" This from the crowd who interminably claim to be the classiest in all of basketball. Here's what the most reviled fans in college sports don't understand: When everyone already resents you for being a perennial national champion, brainstorming new ways to make fun of people doesn't make you clever. It makes you a dick.

**** Duke. :wave2:

Best game I've been to at the Can in a while! Loved the atmosphere, the crowd seemed to have the same chip on its shoulder that the players do. Had no idea about the flu situation until after the game. Thank goodness they stopped giving it to Greene after halftime (until about 5 mins left), we couldn't stop him.

Best game I've been to at the Can in a while! Loved the atmosphere, the crowd seemed to have the same chip on its shoulder that the players do. Had no idea about the flu situation until after the game. Thank goodness they stopped giving it to Greene after halftime (until about 5 mins left), we couldn't stop him.
Dufault had to be dead at the end of the game. He played extremely physical defense. I was very impressed with him.

The booing that occurred when the guy went down with the cramp was because the dumb**** official blew the whistle and stopped a CU fast break, when even my dog knows you don't stop the play because of an injured player until a) the opposing team no longer has the ball, or b) the injured player is in a position where he might further injure himself or others (as in, underneath the basket). Since neither of these situations occurred, it was a complete bull**** call to blow the whistle, and the fans were right to boo.

The cubuffs.com recap says it was 9065. No way there were 2000 empty seats in the Keg last night though..

You are correct. There was no way we had 2K empty seats. I agree it was probably not a sell out, but it was freaking full. More than 10K and more likely 10,500 or better.

The booing that occurred when the guy went down with the cramp was because the dumb**** official blew the whistle and stopped a CU fast break, when even my dog knows you don't stop the play because of an injured player until a) the opposing team no longer has the ball, or b) the injured player is in a position where he might further injure himself or others (as in, underneath the basket). Since neither of these situations occurred, it was a complete bull**** call to blow the whistle, and the fans were right to boo.
I think they blew the whistle because Geno was going ape **** on the side line and sent the team medic onto the court before an official had a chance to think.

Back