1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

way to go Justin Torres!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by UrbanaBuff, Sep 5, 2010.

1. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Or as the announcers called him, JT.

Mad props for this kid. He can be the banger we haven't had at RB for awhile. He sticks his nose right in the hole, runs downhill, and always falls forward.

Gonna be a good one...

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I can't remember any of his runs due to coors brewing company. Is there a replay or highlights anywhere?

3. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Mostly the last drive. Averaged about 5 ypc on about 5 carries running straight up the gut.

4. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

I really liked what he did even if it was garbage time. I think Speedy isn't the same Speedy after those injuries he had.

5. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

**** von miller... is he still playing... can nate solder stomp his neck?

6. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Too bad we don't play A&M this year.

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I think Torres is going to become a factor this year. Don't ask me why I know that. I have no clue. It is just my DBTadar, I guess. But this team needs a bruiser type of running back. Yeah, thats the ticket. A bruiser type of running back. Thats what they say he is and thats what we need.

8. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Garbage time or not, he was hitting the hole with more authority and quickness than BLock was. Lock was in there in garbage time, too. We need guys who can pick up 4-5 tough yards.

9. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

We need a guy who can pick up 1-2 tough yards, we have been pathetic in short yardage the past few years.

If Torres can become a serious threat on short yardage requiring some serious attention it will mean a lot. First we can keep some drives going meaning more points on the board and more rest for the defense. Secondly, it will also open up opportunities for big plays to the WRs putting them in 1 on 1 coverages and now we have some WRs who can turn those into TDs.

Love Speedy but a tough yardage back gives a whole different dimension to an offense.

10. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

Went back and looked at the video in this kids thread. It would sure be nice if we got to run some against Cal and he got more than 5 carries. Has nice ability coming out of the backfield to snag a pass too