What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Way too early Pac-12 prediction for the Buffs

To each their own, I'm keeping on the accelerator. I see something special in this kid. He is the real deal. Something we have not seen in a long time!

I think he is the most talented player on the team and has All Pac-12 and major awards written all over him. Just am not ready to crown him elite just yet.

All of you picking CU to beat USC and Arizona back-to-back are definitely drinking the Kool-Aid. I'm with Bob. Five wins is realistic, six is optimistic and seven is borderline delusional.

All of you picking CU to beat USC and Arizona back-to-back are definitely drinking the Kool-Aid. I'm with Bob. Five wins is realistic, six is optimistic and seven is borderline delusional.

I think SC is the more realistic W for us out of the two. Sure they are gonna be talented as ****, but they are gonna be so limited on depth by then. Plus we have never beaten them, so we are due! And I want payback from 40-3:smile2:

I think SC is the more realistic W for us out of the two. Sure they are gonna be talented as ****, but they are gonna be so limited on depth by then. Plus we have never beaten them, so we are due! And I want payback from 40-3:smile2:

Maybe. I could see us winning either game, just have a tough time picturing us winning both. Of course, the last couple years have destroyed the optimist in me. I will say that both USC and Arizona are coached by jackasses, so we've got that going for us.

I think you are confusing college production with NFL potential. Some guys (AP, Bradford) had both. But many guys (Tebow, or James/Moore this year) excel in NCAAF even though they have little to no pro prospects. Speedy/McKnight/Cody fall into this latter category.

I guess there's a third category for guys who didn't do much in college, but turned it on in the pros. Brady/Romo/Hillis come to mind.

I don't mean to diminish Speedy's accomplishments but I just don't really see him as a truly elite, 1st round draft pick type of guy. That's what a top BCS school RB is to me. Stats are great, but Cody is the alltime leading passer too, right? Was he one of the best QBs in the big 12?

And Richardson has shown some great promise, but one of the best receivers in the country? Not yet, my friend.

Also, don't confuse Speedy's yard totals with evidence he is a top back. His YPC is not what it needs to be.

I think you are confusing college production with NFL potential. Some guys (AP, Bradford) had both. But many guys (Tebow, or James/Moore this year) excel in NCAAF even though they have little to no pro prospects. Speedy/McKnight/Cody fall into this latter category.

I guess there's a third category for guys who didn't do much in college, but turned it on in the pros. Brady/Romo/Hillis come to mind.

I'm not confusing ****. I'm telling you that Richardson is NOT one of the best WRs in the country and to say so is laughable. He has potential, but he is far from there yet. And, like Rugged says, look at Speedys YPC.

With next year's schedule, I think we'll be very fortunate to pry 7 wins out of the season. Not many lay-down gimmes on that schedule. Portland State and...?

This team needs to learn how to win. Remember, they've had Dan Hawkins spouting that winning isn't important for the last five years. They are not going to learn how to win in the first couple of weeks. It takes a while to shed the stink of losing. That's Embree's biggest challenge.

With next year's schedule, I think we'll be very fortunate to pry 7 wins out of the season. Not many lay-down gimmes on that schedule. Portland State and...?

This team needs to learn how to win. Remember, they've had Dan Hawkins spouting that winning isn't important for the last five years. They are not going to learn how to win in the first couple of weeks. It takes a while to shed the stink of losing. That's Embree's biggest challenge.

All you have to do is be the bow.

I think we are moving into the PAC while the conference is beginning an upswing. I will be happy if we get to six wins with next years 13 game schedule. Hard to tell when DII was coaching, but it seems we may lack quality depth at many positions, which we will need for such a rigorous schedule.

Paul Richardson is, I believe, a special talent. This kid makes plays. However, it's too early to call him an elite player. He's not - yet. I think he will be. A lot will depend on who is throwing him the ball.

Just a wild hunch, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a three way battle for the starting job going into camp next year. I doubt the incoming coaches have been terribly impressed with Hansen's film, and they'll be anxious to put their stamp on the program very quickly.

New coach = new system = handicap.
The road woes aren't fixed yet.

I'm not holding my breath that CU will be bowl eligible next season.
W's: CSU, Portland State(if official), Wazzou.
2 of these: Hawaii, UU, UCLA, USC, Washington
L's: Ohio State, Oregon, Arizona, Stanford, ASU

I respect Embo for not being patient, but I'm not holding my breath for 2012 either. It's going to take some qualifying juco kids and some serious coaching to accelerate this re-lusterization process.

I hope I'm wrong. But too many question marks at QB, RB, special teams, and corner, plus depth issues across both lines.

Now I'll fully admit I'm not up to speed on the Pac 12 teams yet, but I'm surprised everyone is putting ASU in the automatic loss column. Weren't two of their six wins over whatever the hell we call 1-AA teams this year? I know it's on the road, but are they supposed to be that much better next year?

You guys have absolutly no optimism. PRich came in late, look what happened when D Scott came in later compared to PRich. That's true talent to jump right in and begin making plays.

7-5

Heres why I think we could see a quick turnaround next year.

1. The play of the team after Hawk was fired went way up. They played with more emotion when Cabral brought out the CU tradition.

2. We have talent, especially on the O-line and at skill positions. Like I said, Speedy and Richardson will be among the best in the conference.

3. I see this team buying into Embo's system pretty fast.

4. We should have been an 8 win team this year. Almost every single game the second half of the season, we had a double degit lead going into the 4th quarter.

I understand there will be bumps, this is a tough schedule (although I don't think it's all that much tougher than this past season), however I fully expect us to be a copletely different team. We will win a couple road games, we will have an upset or two, and we should win the games we are supposed to. Worried about the secondary, but I think Speedy is gonna have another huge year and breaks EB's record.

Heres why I think we could see a quick turnaround next year.

1. The play of the team after Hawk was fired went way up. They played with more emotion when Cabral brought out the CU tradition.

2. We have talent, especially on the O-line and at skill positions. Like I said, Speedy and Richardson will be among the best in the conference.

3. I see this team buying into Embo's system pretty fast.

4. We should have been an 8 win team this year. Almost every single game the second half of the season, we had a double degit lead going into the 4th quarter.

I understand there will be bumps, this is a tough schedule (although I don't think it's all that much tougher than this past season), however I fully expect us to be a copletely different team. We will win a couple road games, we will have an upset or two, and we should win the games we are supposed to. Worried about the secondary, but I think Speedy is gonna have another huge year and breaks EB's record.

1)Not really. We just didn't have an epic collapse. Remember we were way up on KU and still got spanked by NU.
2)We are losing our best olineman. Our secondary was a joke last year and we are losing our two best defensive players, both of whom were in the secondary.
3)Why? We don't know anything about Embos system right now, let alone how the team will react to it.
4)The competition will be better than KU, ISU, KSU, and the like next year. There is no one as ****ty as those teams on the schedule.

I'm going to say 7-6. Our defense is a mess and with jimmy and jalil gone,ouch. I see cu going 3-1 non conference and 4-5 in the pac 12. Bowl game is a reasonable expectation in year one.

1)Not really. We just didn't have an epic collapse. Remember we were way up on KU and still got spanked by NU.
2)We are losing our best olineman. Our secondary was a joke last year and we are losing our two best defensive players, both of whom were in the secondary.
3)Why? We don't know anything about Embos system right now, let alone how the team will react to it.
4)The competition will be better than KU, ISU, KSU, and the like next year. There is no one as ****ty as those teams on the schedule.
I don't think you watched many games because most of the problem was a true frosh being thrown in to play when he clearly needed more time to develop.

@Hawaii - L [don't think we learn to win on the road w/ the opener]
Cal replacement game - W
Colorado State - W
@Ohio State - L
Washington State W
@Stanford - L
@Washington - W
Oregon - L
@ ASU - L [away game, just don't feel it yet]
USC - W [win this one or the AZ game, but not both]
Arizona - L
@ UCLA W
@ Utah - L [I just think they will be a better team... on the road]

I guess that would make us be 6-7. Not a bad beginning, but with some good fortune and significant team buy-in, it could be 7 or 8 wins. I will take some sips of the kool-aid now, but won't go chugging the pitcher until at least this summer (okay, maybe spring practice). :smile2:

If Embree starts telling us that "the team just isn't where it needs to be," in mid-August... I am all-in, we will be in the 8 win region. :thumbsup:

@Hawaii - L [don't think we learn to win on the road w/ the opener]
Cal replacement game - W
Colorado State - W
@Ohio State - L
Washington State W
@Stanford - L
@Washington - W
Oregon - L
@ ASU - L [away game, just don't feel it yet]
USC - W [win this one or the AZ game, but not both]
Arizona - L
@ UCLA W
@ Utah - L [I just think they will be a better team... on the road]

I guess that would make us be 6-7. Not a bad beginning, but with some good fortune and significant team buy-in, it could be 7 or 8 wins. I will take some sips of the kool-aid now, but won't go chugging the pitcher until at least this summer (okay, maybe spring practice). :smile2:

If Embree starts telling us that "the team just isn't where it needs to be," in mid-August... I am all-in, we will be in the 8 win region. :thumbsup:

This new staff and team MUST have a winning season.

Now I'll fully admit I'm not up to speed on the Pac 12 teams yet, but I'm surprised everyone is putting ASU in the automatic loss column. Weren't two of their six wins over whatever the hell we call 1-AA teams this year? I know it's on the road, but are they supposed to be that much better next year?

It's in my loss column b/c it's in Tempe. I gotta see CU get in the habit of winning conference roadies before the koolaid guzzling begins.

I think Sanchez will get McK a walkon shot, and he at least has a hope to dream about this Spring. Anybody remember Fred Billetnekov? (sp) Slow, small and steady

I'm hoping they go nuts and recruit 3 or 4 freshman starters. OK, it's Friday and I'm relaxing

Go Buffs

I don't see having the same seven or eight win expectation from this season for next season as a big deal. It's simple for Embree: GO BOWLING!

@Hawaii W
Cal L
Colorado State W
@Ohio State L
Washington State W
@Stanford L
@Washington L
Oregon L
@ ASU W
USC L
Arizona L
@ UCLA L
@ Utah W

I think CU ends up within two of 5 wins. I see a minimum of 3 and maximum of 7. If CU goes bowling I'd be very impressed with the coaches...

With that schedule I think we'll be lucky to have 5 wins. Going to take some time to get some Pac 12 players in here. If Hansen shows a huge improvement then I guess we could challenge for a winning season.

Back