What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wazzu blasted by BYU

Unleash Hell

With a veteran QB and good WR's coached by Mike Leach, all Wazzu could score was 2 FG's. Also -5 yards rushing for WSU.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Well considering every positive offensive play WSU had was flagged and negated by the dumbass PAC 12 officials, I honestly don't know what to think. That was almost as frustrating to watch as an NBA game - a foul on every other play.

teams with new coaching staffs typically need time to gel-
WSU is better than that but it may take them a couple of games -

BYU was getting drilled with a personal foul on just about every other play.

Speaking of horrible officiating - how about that totally blown "non-call" at the end of the Vandy/**** game. That was the definition of pass interference and it 100% affected the outcome of the game.

Wazzu didn't look good on defense and their OL run blocking didn't impress. Pass blocking was good early and they have talent at WR. That's a team that could progress and be dangerous to anyone they face.

Tonight doesn't mean too much. They will play better as time goes along. Leach's achilles heal has always been no running game and last night was no different. His defense usually spends too much time on the field and wears down as the game goes along. We saw some of this last night as well. It will be interesting to see how things go for him in a conference where the defensive backfields are faster in general and can match up better with his "air raid" offense. Coach Brown seems to prepare pretty well for his teams and I think we have a decent chance to beat them this season depending on how we look Saturday.

Wazoo's first drive looked good, but BYU played a real vanilla defense at first.

The Wazzoo D played OK- they laid some good hits on the Mormon Kitties.

I'm sure they will look better as the season progresses, but they are going to have problems with strong passing teams...especially with good TE's. They covered the deep ball fairly well, but the short passes were there almost every time. This was the problem with the Pirate's D's at Tech.

On a much brighter note, I just bought my tickets for the Wazoo game. I didn't realize it was their homecoming.

I thought BYU looked tough. Wazzou first drive looked good, but they were earning every single first down. They aren't very explosive.

I didn't watch the whole game, but their corners looked awful.

I fear that Wazzu will have things a little more figured out by the time we play them, at least on offense. Their defense needs to get better, fast though.

Speaking of horrible officiating - how about that totally blown "non-call" at the end of the Vandy/**** game. That was the definition of pass interference and it 100% affected the outcome of the game.

That arm grab was so obvious it was ridiculous. But 100% is a bit high considering that would have given them one more play from about the 25 and they needed a TD.

This. I'd be furious if I were a Vandy fan.

Yep, Vandy definitely got the screw job on that one. Was pretty blatant, too.

Leach's teams have seemed to always have trouble against teams with solid running attacks and against effective TE's

I wonder is some of it is that they can't practice and prepare for those looks because they don't have the offense to simulate those things in practice.

Meh. Leach was beat by Hawk, and was out coached by Okruh. Leach strung together seasons of bowl games by racking up ooc games that Bill Snyder would giggle at. I will be disappointed if we don't beat wazoo.

Meh. Leach was beat by Hawk, and was out coached by Okruh. Leach strung together seasons of bowl games by racking up ooc games that Bill Snyder would giggle at. I will be disappointed if we don't beat wazoo.

This. He is however a treasure to college football nonetheless.

Leach's teams have seemed to always have trouble against teams with solid running attacks and against effective TE's

I wonder is some of it is that they can't practice and prepare for those looks because they don't have the offense to simulate those things in practice.

Makes me think that IF things go as planned with the Embo regime, we should be a consistent thorn in Wazzu's side.

Back