1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wazzu D-Lineman Dismissed

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

This is very good for us. We need to control that game on the ground and Laurenzi was the most experienced DT on returning for the Cougs.

Laurenzi, who wrote a weekly summer diary for Cougfan.com, on Sunday was arrested on suspicion of third-degree theft at an area Walmart according to the Pullman police log. He was not immediately available for comment.

In Leach's book, Swing Your Sword, he wrote there were three cardinal rules that if broken, result in a player's dismissal -- drugs, violence against women and stealing.

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/2/1205637.html

2. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

Take him to da 'shed' -

3. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

They got 2 other guys to fill in that were candidates to take his playing time.... Their D-Line depth is where we only dream of being, and it's not great.

4. gone native

gone native Club Member Club Member

Seems he ought to consider adding another cardinal rule or two, such as for murder, for example?

5. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

I think that is covered under stealing. Unless you are Jack Kevorkian.

6. Buffnik

Other than the juco NT, they show only 1 DT who is over 274 lbs and he's a true freshman. http://www.wsucougars.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/wast-m-footbl-mtt.html

They lost both DT starters from last year (we ran for over 160 yards at over 4.5 yards per carry last year). I agree it would have been nice to land their JUCO NT, but other than that our depth is better than theirs on the interior and they certainly don't have an all-conference guy like Pericak.

7. PurpleReign

PurpleReign New Member

Leach will likely have their offense putting up nice numbers, but their defense is screwed. Leach sent Mizell, Kaufusi, and Leaurenzi packing, and those were three of their best guys on defense. We ran for 150 and threw for 300 on them last year, and it should be no different this year. Buffs, do you guys still have your small and fast runningback or did he graduate?

[video=youtube;CE5ev9zxtIs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE5ev9zxtIs[/video]

8. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

He graduated - but we have another small and fast running back. He is more of a one cut type of guy, compared to the guy who graduated who was more shifty

9. Buffsoldier

Buffsoldier Well-Known Member

It's nice to know they're not allowed to hit their fat little girlfriends.

HUFset likes this.
  10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I don't think the rest of the Pac 12 has any idea what kind of gem the conference just landed. Mike Leach is gold, baby. Pure gold.

11. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Assuming Bonsu is not going to play, which is the premise I've been using for some time now. We have one guy on the interior who is decent (Pericek, who is much more than decent). Nobody else from the spring. One guy. Nothing behind him. True Freshmen (3 of them will likely play) - or bust.

WSU has Xavier Cooper who was an early enrollee, red-shirted in 2011 and has two springs under his belt. He's listed as a starting DT at 298 pounds.
    WSU has Kalafitoni Pole who started some games last year, and played a bunch. He's at about 290.
    WSU has Juco Ioane Gauta who goes 305-310.
    And whatever true freshmen they may have showing up if any....

I still "dream" we had that kind of depth with experience (Juco, or two spring sessions is a lot more than a few weeks).

They win 3-1.

12. Buffnik

Only if their talent is better, and it wasn't last year. Leach's system also forces a lot of snaps onto his defense. I really like our opportunity to control the game on the ground in Pullman.

13. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

He is one of my favorite coaches out there. Awesomeness all around.

14. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

CU had good success against Leach at Tech. Teams that are very spread oriented on offense often have trouble providing their own defenses a good look in practice to prepare for an opponent with a solid conventional running game.

OrangeBowl likes this.
  15. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Of course, he will need to learn that the Pac 12 doesn't have fat chicks like in Big 12 country.

16. Buffsoldier

Buffsoldier Well-Known Member

I take it you've never been to Pullman then.