What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB '18 KY PG Mykasa Robinson (Verbal to Louisville)

Wow... ...she may be the highest recruit we've gotten in the last several years, in any sport. Granted, I'm not sure how cross country recruiting goes, but Wetmore has probably gotten more than a few great recruits. Stil... ...wow...this is great news!

The rise is spreading! This program is in really good hands. Expect us to be top quarter of the division in a few years. Then sky's the limit!

Is this year for real? It appears that CU is on the verge of becoming a power in all of their sports! MyKasa is a huge commitment for this program! Welcome and congrats Ms Robinson! Go Buffs!!

Massive.

Hopefully she's already on the phone/texting other top 50 caliber players the Buffs are targeting in the class of '18.

I wonder if CU's win last night over Kentucky convinced her this staff has what it takes to build an elite program?

Of course Kentucky was recruiting as well as Louisville.

As far as I can tell she's a consensus top 20 recruit in the class of '18.

I wonder if CU's win last night over Kentucky convinced her this staff has what it takes to build an elite program?

Of course Kentucky was recruiting as well as Louisville.

As far as I can tell she's a consensus top 20 recruit in the class of '18.

I'm sure it didn't hurt but I think she loves the staff, campus and of course her sister. This might be a top 10 class.

Massive.

Hopefully she's already on the phone/texting other top 50 caliber players the Buffs are targeting in the class of '18.

Just having her committed will help with others IMO. We should get at least three top 50 kids counting her.

Not only a year playing with her sister, but a year playing and learning from Kennedy, who I think we can all imagine being an All-P12 PG at the time. Huge, invaluable bonus.

Just having her committed will help with others IMO. We should get at least three top 50 kids counting her.
That would be unprecedented, IMO, even going back to Ceal's glory years when she had us perennially ranked and hosting 1st round tourney games.

Agree with Highlander here. While top recruits definitely talk more with one another these days than before, I wouldn't COUNT on three top 50 kids coming with her. Of course, Mykasa can't hurt, and you're right, she must help. But, I am not expecting two more top 50 kids. ... ...unless of course, you know something more concrete than I do :D

Agree with Highlander here. While top recruits definitely talk more with one another these days than before, I wouldn't COUNT on three top 50 kids coming with her. Of course, Mykasa can't hurt, and you're right, she must help. But, I am not expecting two more top 50 kids. ... ...unless of course, you know something more concrete than I do :D

3 is my prediction.

That would be unprecedented, IMO, even going back to Ceal's glory years when she had us perennially ranked and hosting 1st round tourney games.

In the "glory years" Ceal & Co. never really killed it recruiting wise. Once in a while they might land a highly rated recruit, such as Shelley Sheetz, but n general it was by finding players that would play solid man defense and run the offense without making making mistakes. And then they would add someone like Isabelle Fijalkowski to put them over the top. Really, Ceal never felt comfortable with the recruiting game and I think at the end of her career it hurt the program.

It looks like JR & Co. have embraced social media, etc., which allows them to meet HS prospects in a way that will be engaging. They also recognize that recruiting is about developing trusting relationships. If you spend any time with JR you will find her to be engaging and easy going. They have a shot at a very good recruiting class for the class of '18. Hopefully they'll get more quality wins this season and that will help convince others that are in the top 100 to make the call to CU.

What Mark said about Ceal and her recruiting is accurate.

I am expecting the JR class of 18 to be a good one, hopefully a great class.

Back