What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB: #20 Buffs visit #7 Cal

Tough loss. Damn. Still, we're losing in the final seconds on the road to top 10 teams. Incredible. I still think we can beat UCLA, and should beat USC (though USC won't be easy, either).

OUCH - That hurt more than the loss in Boulder. Buffs were killin' it in the first half with excellent d and good ball movement. But . . . they lost it the last few minutes of the half when Cal began to press and CU, like they did in the first game became intimidated. When CU failed to hold a double-digit lead going into the half I knew it was going to be a tough night for them. The failure to build on the early momentum - they had chances to get the lead over 16 points really cost them.

In a sense it was remarkable CU didn't go down by more in the second half when they weren't scoring and continued to give up offensive rebounds. Cal is relentless in going after offensive rebounds and loose balls and CU just can't keep pace. And like the first game Cal gave CU a chance by missing a ton of free throws.

I was proud of the grit in the effort, but they hurt their chances with silly turnovers and poor execution when they really needed baskets. I'm not sure Chcuky had her best game either.

They gets a lot steeper with Stanford looming and then a return road trip to Cal in a week with USC and UCLA on tap.

The look on Linda's face as she walked off the court really told the story.

Cal is an extremely physical game. I think CU beat ourselves, but their should have been more foul calls against Cal in the 2nd half in particular. We were not helping ourselves with that long scoreless drought that started at the end of the first half and went in to the second half.

It did not help when Hargis got called for an illegal screen when Kresl had drained a 3.
It did not help that for much of the game Roberson looked like a deer in the headlights. She played like Kresl did last season in the Pac 12. Weight room in the off season for Arielle will help with that.
Chucky did not have her best game, but can not carry the team every game.

Basketball is a team sport. We had too many unforced turnovers and fouls to win on the road against a very physical Cal team. Hope we can get it back together for the Stanford game.

I don't see CU beating Standford on the road. I can see them beating both USC and UCLA next weekend.

Back